What's new

Upgrade receiver or speakers? (1 Viewer)

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering if I should upgrade my speakers or receiver to gain more improvements in sound quality. My setup is abit mixed up but I am slowly getting there :) Currently I have some Kenwood bookshelfs which aren't too bad, a smallish centre speaker from Accusound with 4" woofers and silk dome tweeter which sounds quite nice, and the leftover Pioneer satellite surrounds from my Pioneer package which do the job of rears and a Sony SAWM40 for sub duties....this is all hooked up to my all-in-one Pioneer receiver/dvd player....I'm thinking at this stage a dedicated receiver and dvd player would be the way to go, but would i really gain a noticible improvement on sound from say getting an antry level receiver such as the Denon 1603? or would i be better off upgrading my speakers?

Tim Streagle

Stunt Coordinator
Speakers will usually give you the most change in sound of any system component. It is the process of converting electrical signal to mechanical movement that is subject to the most variation.

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
My budget would be around the price of a Denon 1603 or entry level receiver....i suppose my point would be would a dedicated receiver be a vast improvement over my Pioneer lifestyle all-in-one dvd/receiver....or it might be better to just keep it and upgrade my speakers for a more noticeble improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks