What's new

Upgrade possibilties (1 Viewer)

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have JBL N28's in front with N-center and N24's for surrounds with a SVS 20-39 PCI. I'm thinking of upgrading to something that will have a little better clarity, detail, and get a little louder. I'm running the speakers with a Denon 1803. I have a cabinate custom built for the N28's and N-center so that it completely encloses them. Would this mean that i can't get rear ported speakers? Or would I have to have a space abopve the speakers for the air/sound to escape. I'm looking for 5 new speakers for around $750. I was looking at Dahlquist(QX6 front, QX4 surrounds, and matching center) or Ascend Acoustics. They're both rear ported but are shorter than the JBL's, so there will be that space above. Any recomendations on speakers that will be clearer, more detailed, and louder than what I have right now would be great, thanks.

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Zach, I have a 5.1 Ascend Acoustics system (4 CBM-170s and the new CMT-340c center) and I can recommend this set up without reservation. The Ascends are known for their clarity in reproducing vocals. They're great for both movies and music. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks