Upgrade Klipsch KSW-12 to Paradigm PW-2200

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Brenton, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Mike Brenton

Mike Brenton Extra

Thinking of upgrading my Klipsch KSW-12 to Paradigm PW-2200. I'm not very happy with my Klipsch it keeps clipping out on me. I don't really think I'm pushing it to hard, I just don't think it can handle some of the LFE's on some DVD's. Will the PW-2200 be a big improvement? My choice is narrowed by price(under $1000 Can.) and availability (don't want to deal with shipping across the border). I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on this upgrade.
    Mike B
    My Home Theater

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I really don't think the PW-2200 will be much of an upgrade from the KSW-12. The Servo-15 would be an upgrade, but it's out of your range unless you can get it for like cost +5% or somewhere around that.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I disagree Cam. The PW2200 will be a big upgrade over a KSW12. The KSW12 would be better compared to the PDR series from Paradigm.

The only other easy for a Canadian to get option I'd consider in this price range is the Mirage BPS400.

Other than that you are left with DIY.

4. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

I agree Dustin, and from around 28hz and up the pw2200 beats the servo15, the servo only does a little better down around 25hz and lower,

5. Mike Brenton

Mike Brenton Extra

WOW!!!!! Brought home the PW-2200 for a test drive. No more clipping out, much better with music a definite improvement all the way around. This baby shakes the house considerably more. Price $800can with a Y con. and a 6 meter cable thrown in. $750 if I keep the floor model I got at home (6" scratch on the top).

Still playing with placement. Then I have to decide if I want to run both subs. Any Ideas on setup since I have to run the KSW-12 lower in volume?

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I'd just ditch the KSW. By ditch I mean sell or move to a second system.

7. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

sell the ksw, and save some cash, buy a second 2200 and stack it on top of the first one!

8. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

look at SVS