What's new

Upgrade-itis (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
Looking to buy a new tv. I would like to keep it under $3000. I watch mostly tv,tivo, dvds and play some xbox. I took a look at the rptv lcds and have pretty much settled on that type of tv. The question is what brands to focus in on. I liked the Panasonic 50" PT-50LC14 but I want to get as much info as possible on others before I pull the trigger. Prior to this I have only owned Sony tv's (currently a 32" Wega) but I want to explore all my options.
Any and all suggestions welcome!

J

John S

Senior HTF Member
The latest gen of the Sony LCD RP's, got my vote.

I have yet to see better or even equal out there.

Elinor

Supporting Actor
I think you have to go to the top of Sony's line (XBR) to get a better picture than either the Hitachi or Panasonic sets. Plus, both Hitachi and Panny are 720p native sets. Sony uses some weird 788p resolution.

Panasonic has WAY more inputs than any of the other makes, which counts if you have lots of boxes to attach. Sony is not recommended for use with PC although some people have made it work. Panasonic is PC-ready.

Other than that, it's a matter of which you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks