What's new

Upgrade-itis (1 Viewer)

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I am ready to upgrade already. I purchased the Samsung TSL2795HF in August. I love this TV. It's great in the apt. I have been living in. But, when I move back into my house, I think it will just be too small for my tastes.

I am restricted in size as the width of the entertainment center TV part is only 35 inches.

Any recommendations on how I might be able to get rid of this TV so I can purchase a larger one? I'm thinking of going with a 30" widescreen or even a 32" Samsung.

TIA,
Shana

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, Neil, sorry for the confusion. I mean I need to sell the TV somehow so I can purchase a larger one. I don't know where one begins to try to sell a TV, never have done that before.
I really do love the TV but I have gotten spoiled going to friends houses and looking at their larger TVs.
Lets face it, I have caught the bug. ;)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
The For Sale forum here and at www.avsforum.com is a good bet, as is advertising it locally. You're in my state... how much you selling it for? :D
If you're in Minneapolis you could plaster a few posters around the U of M campus. Might get better luck when people are buying for the Fall though.

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, Minneapolis is a long way from Texas :D
Do you call your state Lone Star as well?

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
You're going to take a hit on selling a new set. Don't want to move it to the bedroom?

Do you have a local "Pennysaver" (or some such name) newspaper that sells cheap classified ads? People actually read those ads when they're shopping for something in particular.

Jan

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Crazy huh? The problem is that there is nowhere to put it in my bedroom, its too big plus not hooked up to any DSS in there. And its too big for the entertainment center in the den.
We have Greensheets here which is probably like the Pennysaver you mentioned. I hadn't thought about that.

NateD

Auditioning
Shana,

Not sure where you are in Texas or if you you are into usenet groups, but DFW has a newsgroup, dfw.forsale where people buy and sell a lot of stuff, including tvs.

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Nate, I am in DFW, thanks for the tip. But, how do I access the news group?

Thanks,
Shana

Shana

Stunt Coordinator
Well I accessed the newsgroup and they mainly are selling stuff like furniture, computer items, and various crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks