What's new

UPgrade DVD Player??? (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I currently use a Toshiba SD-4800 that I have had for about three years now. I use 480P via Componet video and I have been very happy with the player.

When I bought this player I was using a Mits 48411 IIRC now I use a Sony 32HS510 that has both Componet and DVI inputs.

My question is this. . . My DVD player is getting older and the drawer is getting slow opening and closing, quality is still fine but since DVD players have fell through the floor are there better players for my application??

Since I bought mine I have not given a single thought to DVD players so I have no idea what is out there now. My budget is from 250-400 dollars. IIRC I paid 269.00 or some such for my Toshiba.

Thanks in advance for your help. ___________ Guy:confused:

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Heck yeah, I'd upgrade it. For that awesome TV?!

Let's see, $400 max budget?
Bah, let me direct you to Ecost and a refurb Denon 2900, for starters. Slightly past your ceiling budget, but that's tempting.

I love the Zenith 318 at anything below $500. IMHO, it's still the player to beat HOWEVER, the Denon 1910 over DVI is said to be better (no white or black crush like the Zenith tends to have over DVI.) On the other hand, the Zenith over component, doing upconversion, really is hard to beat. I'd give it a long, hard look if I were you, along with the Denon 1910, Yamaha s1500, the Yamaha s2300 mark 2 has a new MSRP of $699 as does a new Denon 2900.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks