What's new

Upgrade DSP-A1 w/TX950 Tuner to RX-V1? (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You might do what I did a few years ago. I was trying to decide if it was worth upgrading my older DSP-A3090 for an A1. I studied the specs and reviews and decided that the features and improvements the A1 had, I really didn’t have a need for. So I passed.

Personally I’d pass on the V1 for the new Z1. The latter got good marks as a sweet-sounding receiver, but I’ve also heard rumblings of reliability problems – which may explain why it came and went so fast.

One thing’s for sure. The V1 or Z1’s tuner will not be as good as the TX-950, for whatever that’s worth to you. The 950 is a highly acclaimed, near-reference-quality tuner. I have one myself.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Personally I’d pass on the V1 for the new Z1. The latter got good marks as a sweet-sounding receiver, but I’ve also heard rumblings of reliability problems – which may explain why it came and went so fast.
Wayne,

Could you clarify this for me? Are the reliability problems on the V1 or the Z1? (Perhaps you are referring to the channel drop-outs on the V1?)

Thanks,

Cliff

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Channel drop outs sound familiar. Or perhaps failure of amplifier channels. I haven’t seen chronic complaints about it here, as with some of the Denon products, and I haven't seen a complaint in a long time, but it came up at least a couple of times some months after it was introduced. Perhaps it was just a bad production run, but still you have to wonder why the V1 was cancelled so quickly. This has not been Yamaha’s MO in the past.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks