What's new

upgrade bug has hit ... projector shoppin. (1 Viewer)

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
hello all ...... couple questions .... lets cut to the chase.

plus piano he-3100 3000 bucks

geared toward hometheater use ....

what would a projector like this have , that a projector like say the ...infocus lp130 presentation projector xga 3100 bucks at office depot, have not.

as far as performance for movies... picture quality .... customization? ........

like the things i hear about the panny pt-ae100 compare.

any other pj recommendations? 1500-3000 range only! space is an issue .... not ceiling mounted. thanks for all the info the folks here are awesome! .......

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mark,
I'm certainly not an expert but I've been lurking here and at http://www.avsforum.com for quite a while. I've yet to pull the trigger on a projector but have been learning. That is probably the best place to go and learn.
I've heard great things about the piano. The differences between that and a presentation projector would be in the signal processing. You will get a better built-in scalar with a HT projector than with a business presentation projector. Also it will depend on your needs. Will you eventually want to display HDTV? If so the piano may not be the best choice. Are you prone to the screen door effect or rainbows? Some projectors do better than others at masking these effects. You really have to see the projector first. The problem is that it is very difficult to find places that sell a variety of these machines.
The Panasonic AE-100 is getting good reviews too. Consider that the new HD2 chip is slated for the second half of the year. This will probably bring higher quality projectors at a lower price. Whether this is true or not, I'm not sure. Just speculation. If you really want one now, I don't think you would go wrong with either the piano or the panasonic. Me? I'm still saving my pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks