What's new

Updated the'ol website (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yet again, with the always ongoing changes, I've updated the pics of the Driftwood.

Recent changes included removing the 12" solid deck the couch sat on and replace it with rails allowing me that 12" of space to hide all the amps. I added a shelf on the back wall, above the surrounds, for the remaining gear. Doing this allowed me to clean up the look of the room nicely.

I also removed the Marantz SR5000 AVR and replaced it with a Klipsch dd/dts pre/pro and added in an Outlaw ICBM for bass management.

Click the link below to visit.

Peace Out~:D

John Gido

Second Unit
Looks good, Ron. Nice and clean up front. One question though, how is the heat build up under the couch? Is 12" enough ventilation space for the amps? (Sorry, that's 2 questions)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Can you use a larger screen in that room? Is the PJ and seating far back enough to put a larger, maybe perforated screen in front of the speakers?

Your theater is superb, just wondering if you could get an even bigger picture if you wanted it, or if you are maxed out.

Pardon me, if this question sparks a case of the dreaded upgraditis. :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Driftwood has come a long way. Also, I can appreciate the pics. The quality is good and I know it must have been hard toi take them considering the room is all black. Did you use additional lighting (a spotlight)? My next step is to colour my front soundstage black and get a digital camera (4 Mp) to take some decent shots.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Looking good Ron...I recently painted my front stage area a bluish Gray(The only thing approved by the other half).

:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks guys.

John, there is no heat build up. The Adcom's barely get warm to the touch after several hours of running. They have about 8"+ above them for heat dispersement. I was planning on adding a cooling fan or two but it seems I do not need to at all.

Juan, no can do on a larger screen. I cannot expand the image any larger than what it is now and moving the PJ will not work as it would end up in the direct pathway of the couch seating. Besides with the 80" screen and sitting in the front row at 1.35x the screen width, it's pretty dang big.

Neil, some of those were taken with a low watt spot light. Didn't work too well. When I have more time and a few extra pennies I'm going to pick up a big-bright flood light that I can use. My cheapie digi camera just can't handle the black hole. :)

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Ron

Looks Sweet... Great idea moving all the gear to the back of the room.

I raise my pint to you and your theater!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ron:

Great looking place. I know who's house I would be over to watch movies all the time. Also, great idea about putting the amps under the riser. Do you have it set up to where they are fairly easy to get to if needed?

Parker

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Oh yeah Parker, access is very easy. I can reach them from under the front side of the couch or I just tip the couch forward and it opens up the entire area so I can walk back there.

I like having all the gear visible, but not in the front of the room and I have no place to knock-out for an equipment rack so I had to do the next best thing. Make use of existing space, even though the amps are not visible.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks