What's new

Updated theater designs... (1 Viewer)

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
A few months back I solicited comments on a home theater I was designing, and many people were kind enough to respond. Since that time I've made several changes to the design and once again I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions that you folks might have. I'm especially clueless with regard to sound and will probably need to enlist an expert (Dennis, are you listening?) when that time comes, but I'm curious if I have any major design issues that will hinder proper sound setup? As this will be an entirely new room I would rather design around potential problems rather than try to correct them after the fact.
Some things that are planned but may not be evident in the design (due to software limitations):
1. TheaterShield (black) on the screen wall
2. TheaterShield (behind fabric) on lower half (48") of all other walls.
3. Guilford of Maine FR701-153 (Baltic) wall covering
4. Crown, base and chair rail moldings
You can view my plans at www.c5design.com/theater.
Thanks again for your comments and suggestions!
Chip

Dan Schriber

Auditioning
I can only suggest most strongly that you get a professional audio consultant involved who can walk you through your design before you spend the money on the build.
Depending on other factors (wall absorbtion) standing waves in this hall may really effect your enjoyment of the entertainment in certain seating areas of your room. This is only one of three major areas that I can see right off.
You may want to hire a professional to model the room in a program like EASE or CATT and then come out and look at your space and recommend solutions.
I agree that doing it right before the build is much cheaper. I cannot tell you how many churches and performance spaces we are called into after the fact where simple solutions are no longer a possibilty.
I wish you the best of luck.
Best Regards
Dan Schriber

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
It looks great, you've done a really nice job! You should definitely bring somebody like Dennis in on the job though. Dennis did a great job with my theater, and he's extremely knowledgeable.
I ran out of money, and the 'very' inexpensive speakers that are in my theater now, sound fantastic. There's no doubt in my mind that this is due to the acoustics of the room. I just can't wait until I have more money to get nicer speakers.
Get a professional's assistance early, you won't regret it.
------------------
The Bennett Home Theater: Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks