Updated "Pool of Radiance" Preview at Gamespot

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

2. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Ah, looks like it's going to take up many of my free hours as well. [​IMG]
    Here's a question: As far as the 'modern' games based around D&D, what's the timeline? I suppose what I'm asking is are there any out that I missed?
    Baldur's Gate 1
    *Tales of the Sword Coast [expansion]
    Planescape: Torment
    Icewind Dale
    *Heart of Winter [expansion]
    Baldur's Gate 2
    *Throne of Bhaal [expansion]
    Then future installments:
    Pools of Radiance
    Neverwinter Nights
    Anything I'm forgetting?
    ------------------
    [​IMG] My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

That's all the modern D&D titles I am familiar with. The older SSI gold box series are floating around in several anthology sets where they put all the titles on a few CDROM's. They are supposed to be good (if not up to Bioware's modern technical marvels).
    In non-D&D the next Bioware fantasy title (Torn) sounds promising. Also, Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III) should be good (but it isn't due 'til next year). If Wizardry 8 ever gets published it could be intriguing. Also, I thought that there might be another coming in the Might and Magic series.
    If you get really adventurous there is always the PS2 Baldur's Gate game [​IMG] They might ban me from the PC gaming society if I partake [​IMG]
    I will beg for forgiveness in advance of going out to buy the Diablo II expansion tomorrow [​IMG] Otherwise, I will just have to hang tight until the Fall and PoR comes out. At the rate I am going I should finish the BG2 expansion next week. I am starting the third level of the Tower Keep and then after I finish this I have to do the Southern part of the main arc. I feel guilty though every time I warp back to the pocket plane and see poor Minsc standing alone in the corner.
    Kenneth