What's new

Updated Pics (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
It must be years since I put my HT pics out for viewing here. Over the past few months I have moved from a 4:3 to 16:9 RPTV (with integrated ATSC tuner), upgraded my DVD player and finally gone beyond just DD5.1 with my new Denon 3803 receiver.

The room pics are now taken with a digital camera so the colors are more faithful now. The long shots are a little out of date as they were before I changed the receiver and DVD player (but you can't see them anyway). Another confession is I list a turntable but I'm not adding that for a few weeks.

The Bose are coming out later this year (phew). I'm currently researching and expecting to end-up with a Paradigm mix. Maybe late summer that will happen.

Enjoy (and critique if you feel inclined).

N

http://www.familywhite.com/home_theater.htm

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
Neil:

Nice room! I also have a 3803 and I recently bought Paradigm speakers to go with it. I got Studio 20v3 and CC470v3. They sound great with the Denon. I am still not sure what I want to get for surround speakers. dipole or direct or inwall? But will go with Paradigm regardless.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Thanks Guys.

Darryl, I'm fortunate enough to have this room plus the separate room where the DVDs are. In some of the houses with my floor plan, the two rooms are all open as one with the step down inbetween. All in all, that's a 35' long room! Some use them as game rooms. Mine's split HT (although not decked out in full HT decor like some have) and a library (where the DVDs are).

The HT also doubles as my guitar jamming room. Not shown in one corner is my Marshall stack and stomp boxes.

I need to redo the DVD cabinets to add another shelf in each as I'm already maxed-out on the space. Those cabinets come pre-made from Hold Everything (mail order or in store only - no Web purchases). I searched for years for something appropriate. There's four units there.

Arnaud, I was thinking about the Paradigm dipoles for surrounds but I reckon I'll go with directs as I need to keep the surrounds in the rear corners. I'm thinking dipoles are best at the sides.

N

marc

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Neil,

2 questions, where did you get the entertainment center and the dvd storage units? Thanks

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Marc,

The entertainment center is from Haverty's (bought about 5 years ago). The DVD storage is from Hold Everything. The latter has a Website but you have to call in orders. Those bottom cabinets have solid doors and the top have glass but you can put together what you want. They are bookshelves really so a little deeper than needed for DVDs but still effective. They actually come with three shelves each but the spacing of the pre-drilled holes does not allow you to put them in for four rows of DVDs. That can be rectified though by drilling some new holes.

N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks