Updated pics of my basement theater...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jimi C, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Just felt like posting some pics of my obvious, still work in progress. ..

This is a very large room, but due to the odd shape and various obsticles (a bar that was built around plumbing, a few support poles, and low duct work) my actual "theater" is limited to a 12x10ft area.

I need to finish painting the front wall, I cant decide if I want to make that all black or keep my 2 tones paint scheme going. I need to get some carpet and finish running the wires. I already have new surrounds that match my mains, but as of now they are still in the box. I dont have a center and I am unsure if i want to get one. I also got a new Toshiba DLP ED projecter to replace my 7 year old Sharp LCD. [​IMG]

Oh yea, new chairs to replace my old futon!

Ill post pics of the finished project in a week or two... or 3 or 4.. you know[​IMG] Heres where i stand right now. Pardon the mess:b

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I threw down an old carpet i had.. much better...
    [​IMG]

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    It's looking good. I definitely recommend you get the center channel speaker. It gets the most work of any of the speakers, including the sub.

4. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

" I definitely recommend you get the center channel speaker. It gets the most work of any of the speakers, including the sub."

Only if you have one.[​IMG]

5. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Hey Jimi, you already took care of one of the things I was going to suggest (carpet), and the Centre channel has been mentioned, so I'll throw in my two cents on design. I'd do the front wall in all black, and also paint the bars for the drop cieling in black to get a nice uniform look to the room.

6. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

Looking good dude! Definitely paint the grid for ceiling black or replace with black grid. Center channel mentioned. Maybe you could reroute the cable hanging down from the projector to go above the ceiling tiles? Just a suggestion. Like the color scheme.

Don

7. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

"Maybe you could reroute the cable hanging down from the projector to go above the ceiling tiles?"

Oh yeah.. thats been done. [​IMG] Oh, i also have curtains to put up to replace the cardboard in front of the windows.