Updated pics...Almost time to watch a movie!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Jergerian, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Jeff_Jergerian

Jeff_Jergerian Auditioning

Click the link below to see the most recent shots of my home theater progress. The pictures may take a bit longer to load, so I apologize in advance for that.
    Feel free to ask questions, make comments, etc.
    Thanks,
    jj
    My home theater: "The Bunker"

2. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Very nice!!
    What movie will you watch first?
    If its good Ill come over!![​IMG]

3. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Jeff,

I mean this as no exaggeration when I say that your site has given me some great ideas for my future HT! I've been to your site a couple times and continue to be impressed with what you're doing. I'm particularly fond of your equipment room ideas - very slick, some of which I've incorporated into my design. When the time comes for me to build my HT, I may have some questions for you, if you don't mind.

You've put it together quickly! That's great as it leaves more time for movies.

One question: are you going to soundproof the doors at all to prevent sound from leaking in/out of the room?

4. Jeff_Jergerian

Thanks for the comments. I have learned so much on the various forums that I'm amazed anyone picked anything up from me (I still feel clueless among so many experts). I hadn't planned on doing any soundproofing, since the room is located under my kitchen, which is pretty well removed from the other rooms upstairs. I have to really do some listening tests upstairs with the volume pushed to make sure I'm not waking up my son. He tends to sleep through almost everything, though. I'm sure I may have to hold back the volume occasionally, though.
    Thanks,
    jj
    My home theater: "The Bunker"

5. Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley Stunt Coordinator

JJ, very nice! Also, it looks like you have the same air conditioning duct running the length of your room as mine. [​IMG] Only mine is on the other side.
    I like your equipment rack. Are the custom faces from Middle Atlantic? I'm about to purchase the Middle Atlantic ERK rack to put my gear in for a neater appearance. Looks like it'll take me a while to buy all the custom mounting units for my stuff, but I'm going to take my time. My new receiver is only days away, and that'll be at the top. [​IMG]
    Keep up the good work, and you'll be spinning discs in no time.

6. Najib_H

Najib_H Stunt Coordinator

Man I love the set up of your home theater. I look at yours and think of mine as nothing and I just finished it. You can check it out at
    http://shrike.depaul.edu/~nhusain/HT/HT.htm.
    Well anyways very very nice. I cant wait to see it when its all done.
    Najib_H

7. Jeff_Jergerian

8. Mike Brantley

Mike Brantley Stunt Coordinator

JJ, yeah, that's my thinking too. The gear that I consider "keeper" gear will get the custom face plates. The other stuff can sit on a $18 shelf until I upgrade it to something worthy of a $100 shelf!
    Hehehe... I know people are laughing at us for even contemplating putting that much cash into rack stuff, but your rack sure does look nice. [​IMG]