What's new

Updated HT pics! Finally! (1 Viewer)

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Bruce great setup! Def Techs are truly amazing speakers (I have the 2000TL's)! Pioneer tv's are also suberb (I have an older Elite model), but as much as I like the Pioneer in my system, the Def Techs are what I really really like :)
Have you considered toeing in your speakers a bit? This should be a significant improvement for music particularly (also you probably want the offcentered tweeters pointing inwards).
For music I have it like you do right now...I have the speakers a bit forward of the tv because then you don't get reflections off the tv (which adds to brightness). For movies I move the tv so that it is on the same plane with the speakers (though I'm not sure how easy it will move on carpet) and doing this makes the front soundstage even more seamless.
Good luck and enjoy!

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Excellent Room Bruce,,You've got some really nice gear too! :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
CHEZ MAGNIFIQUE :), that's one great and clean system.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Bruce N

Second Unit
Thanks for the compliments everybody, and nobody even said anything about all the dust on the components!
wink.gif

Bob_A
I've worked a great deal on the speaker placement. Remember, toeing in Def Techs does'nt work in every room for every person. As soon as I toe them in even a little, the soundstage collapses completely. As it is now I have sounds coming from everywhere, not just the speakers. The soundstage is huge! Movies and music.
The center is hanging off the front of the 710 by several inches and actually all three front speakers are the exact same distance from the listening position. I think having them in a flat plane rather than a curved one would not work as well.
Bruce
------------------
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
The soundstage and imaging was great when I used no toe in for the DT's...I think the main area which was improved after toe in was the midrange, which became more full and more centered with a slight toe in. But if vocals are great for you and stay well centered, then I see no big reason for you to toe in.
If your CC is the same distance as your mains to the listening position, then you have it set up excellently! Just hard for me to tell in the picture (also I believe my tv is a little taller because it isn't widescreen).
Yes the DT's can easily collect dust, on the endcaps in particular...need a good wiping every so often.
Congratulations again on the great setup...the DT's look very classy and match perfectly next to the Pioneer Elite tv with Urishi black finish. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks