What's new

Updated Equipment and Website (1 Viewer)

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I just recently upgrade my equipment and my website. Please excuse the quality of my room and pictures. I was in a rush to take them and didn’t have a chance to tidy up. I didn’t get a chance to choose the sub since I had to order the speakers quickly so I would be able to get them before Christmas. I should be ordering one this week. This is a theater of a sixteen year old, so space is rather limited. The layout I have now is just temporary until I can rearrange my room. I purchased the following:
Receiver: Denon AVR-3802
Speakers:
  • Mains: PSB Image 6T
  • Center: PSB Image 9C
  • Surrounds: PSB Image 10S
Here's a link: Home Theater Pictures
Let me know what you think. Happy Holidays.

DanaA

Screenwriter
All right, a couple of questions: (1) If I post as many times as you, will I have a system just as nice. I should point out that my room is way messier than yours already. Does that count for anything? (2) I really want the mini-fridge. That alone puts the rest of us way behind you.

J/K if it isn't obvious.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Very very cool stuff you have there...
you are WAY ahead of what I had when I was 17!
Eric. :)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Andrew,
I know you just put that picture of the pronto pro on your website to rub it in! LOL. You definitely have some nice gear. I can't wait to see some pictures once you have everything moved around. Given your space contraints perhaps that sunfire sub would be a good option. You could try getting in touch with Kyle Richardson of Link Removed . I'm 99% certain he builds custom subs and might be able to make one for you that will be both small and kick butt, while being well below your budget no doubt. Enjoy your PSB's.
Dan Hine

DanaA

Screenwriter
The rumor is that Outlaw is about to release a Beta of their new mini fridge/microwave for the home theater. They will be released as one unit or as separates for the more discriminating eaters.

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew, looks sweet mine.. I'm 27 and don't have half the set up ;> But I'm working on it....

I'm looking at either the Onkyo 797 or the Denon 3802, how do you like your Denon? What did you upgrade FROM? Significant difference?

thanks and congrats on the system.

Jim

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Jason,
I believe its refered to as a bias light. Methinks that it is supposed to make watching the screen a little easier on the eyes. But since I have no room for one I haven't even looked into them much to know what exactly they do. I'm pretty sure I have an article about them at home. I'll see if I can't track it down and post tidbits. :)
Dan Hine

Nick L

Second Unit
How do you like the TV? I am thinking of buying the same one? How far do you sit from it?

Nick L

Bob Christensen

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew: I suspect that you are NOT, in fact a teenager. At least not a typical one. I have one at home and his room is roughly knee-deep in laundry, soccer balls, snack food wrappers and CD cases. I'm just giving you a hard time. Nice setup and a really nice utilization of the room that you have. Can you reach the mini refrigerator from the chairs??

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I’m a little late in responding. It seems like all of these post just came out of no where.
Thanks everyone for the really nice comments. I appreciate them.
Dana: Actually Post count has an inverse relation to your equipment. You see, the more you post- the less time you will have to buy the equipment. That’s why it took me almost half a year to upgrade. I’m joking too. ;)
Dan: Thanks for the great suggestions. I will give Kyle Richerson and his custom subs a look over. By the way: Go find your own thread to answer questions in. :D
Jim: The Denon 3802 is a significant jump from my old receiver. I upgraded from an “El Cheapo” receiver that came with a HTIB. Anyway- I’m really loving the Denon 3802. It has so many great features. I really think the PSB and Denon make a great match. If possible, You should connect both receivers to your speakers and just see which one sounds the best to you. If you have any questions on the 3802, I would be more than happy to help you out.
Jason: Dan pretty much has the idea. The backlight is just supposed to ease the transition of light from things going on in the Movie. It’s supposed to be set at 6500K but I just have it on a dimmer. Click on the following link for a better explanation: http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefulinfo/backlighting.html

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
wow Andrew thats nice! i'm 19 and in college and have one thing to tell you: leave the towers at home! when you move into a dorm, it's a COMPLETELY different scenario. i barely have room for my JBL NSP-1 speakers, much less PSB towers!
i will tell you that i was SERIOUSLY considering those 6T's for this coming year's upgrade! i think i'm going with B&Ws though b/c i can get them for much cheaper...next year i'll be in a bigger room and have an HDTV with a pair of floorstanders + SVS. then we can battle over rights to who has the best

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas: Thanks for the very nice comments. I appreciate them. Also, thank you for the Advice. I think I will be leaving my equipment at home when I go off to college. I wouldn’t want to see any of my equipment damaged in a dorm room. The sub that is still in the room was part of the HTIB which is why it wasn’t pictured. As soon as I can decide which sub I want, I will be ordering it. I was considering the Sunfire line of Subs. Keep me updated on your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks