Updated construction pics!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
  2. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Wes-
    your theater looks really promising!!
    Looking forward to see it fininched.
    If you want to exchange links-EMAIL me!
    Jens
    ------------------
    Go see my new theater CINEMAX! updated 2001-07-29
    Then give me your thoughts!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  4. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Jens, I told you on another thread I wanted to see more photos of your good looking girl friend. [​IMG]
    Neil,
    I hate to say it but this is it for now. Soon I will save up for a new CTR projector. But for a 20 year dinosaur projector it really does not have too bad of a picture. I will be projecting it on to my wall which will be painted with the Ultra pure white paint. I will have black curtins to the sides and above and below the screen. With the motorized curtins I will be able to make any sized aspect ratio with retaining the same width. 4x3 will be 7x6 at 109".
    I am also building two bedrooms and a hall which is why its taking so long to build and also sucking all my money out of my pockets.
    http://www.prosteering.8k.com/images/raceprojector.jpg
    Wes
    [Edited last by Wes on August 01, 2001 at 11:12 AM]
    [Edited last by Wes on August 01, 2001 at 02:33 PM]
    [Edited last by Wes on August 02, 2001 at 12:02 AM]

5. Randy van Rijn

Randy van Rijn Auditioning

That looks really great Wes. I'm building my (much smaller) hometheater right now and would like to know some more about this prosteering surround... What do I have to do to create something like that and what do the four 'side speaker do'?
    Randy

6. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Wes,
    Those dheetrock photos bring back a lot of memories. Continued good luck with your project. The day won't be far away when watching movies replaces eating dust!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    RAF
    [Demented Video Dude since 1997]
    [Computer Maven since 1956]
    ["PITA" since 1942]
    My HT (latest update 02/05/01)

7. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Randy, Years ago I found there to be not only stereo imaging within the front channels but also 3D content. I found that bringing the front left and right channels into the room by the use of a midrange only (first set of side speakers on the wall) speaker it pulls the action from off of the screen and into the room. At the same time it creates a seamless branching to the surround channels. In the system I am now building I am steering the 5.1/6.1 in different ways by using different frequencies in different spots to pull the sound stage where I want so it widens the sweet spot and creates even coverage to all the seats. I am using a tweeter above the screen to raise the sound to the center of the screen and keeping the woofer and mids below. A Rockford Fosgate Rep taught me this trick years ago. The two side rear speakers are the surround L/R. but the rear sides are again midrange only just to pull the correct surround placement for the rear seating. The back speakers are the EX channel inwhich will be two full range that 100% matches all the other channles. Basicly Im just separating the frequencies and speading them out with in the room.
    Im not saying this is for every one, but I love to play around and try new things and I feel this works great.
    Wes