Updated Bedroom HT Pics

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bob Kavanaugh, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Bob Kavanaugh

Bob Kavanaugh Second Unit

See link below

Please feel free to offer any advice on how I can improve my site and/or bedroom HT. Thanks!

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Decent, very decent bedroom HT setup. I especially love the rack. As for improvement, my only immediate concern would be the acoustics and the hardwood floor. Have or do you notice any sound reflecting off of it?

3. Bob Kavanaugh

Sound reflections? Not really. See, there is this huge pile of clothes that sits on the floor usually, that along with my bed (down comforter and down featherbed) grab most of the sound. [​IMG]

4. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

First things first. Do you have a attic? If you do I suggest going up there and running the wire down inside the walls so you can't see them. Just measure where they need to be drill some holes in the sheetrock drop run the wires down in the wall and go wire fishing. I did this and I on one wall I didn't have to do any drilling in the attic. Sometimes you will have to drill a hole to drop them in but if you can get lucky like I did there will be a crack you can slip them into. If you do this get in wall rated wire. I also suggest a learning remote. I used to have 5 remotes to but now just one. I got a sony remote for $79.00 and it holds 12 components and has a screen for 12 extra commands beyond the regular buttons. I really like your stand looks great especially for the money you have in it. Looks as good as some of the more exspensive ones I've seen. Keep up the good work and lets us know what you do. David

5. Bob Kavanaugh

I do have an attic, but I am also renting this house. It is an older house in our historic district and the walls are plaster, so the less holes the better. I actually went to CC to buy the Sony remote you are referring to, but they were out of stock, so I ended up getting $100 worth of movies. As bad as the remote is on my 2ES, it does control my receiver, tv, and dvd player. The tivo remote is wonderful.

When I have my own place, I will definitely run in-wall speaker wire and paint my flexy to fit the room.

Thanks for the input! I will keep it all in mind!

6. Bob Kavanaugh

Added Aura Bass Shakers!!!

As an impulse buy, I bought a pair of Aura Bass Shakers from Parts Express on Wednesday, and they got here Friday. For those of you who haven't seen these things in person, THEY ARE HUGE!!! The round bit is slightly larger than a CD. I originally had both mounted to one chair, but that was ridiculous, so I mounted one each to my two recliners (see link).

I was thoroughly impressed while watching Road to Perdition, the gunshots were great! Monsters Inc. has more bass than I ever realized. To sweeten the deal Parts Express even sent me a bag of popcorn. Way to go guys.

7. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

I've had mine for about 5 months but never hooked them up. I hosted a HTF meet yesterday so I hooked them up friday night. Man......those things are awesome. I don't know how I watched movies with out them.

Nice room man.[​IMG]

8. Bob Kavanaugh

Man, that's too bad about the database being hosed.

Again, thanks LaMarcus for the compliment, and thanks Neil for the suggestion about sound reflection. I'll look into an area rug for my room.

I have also updated my site with a room layout, and a few new pictures.