What's new

Update... (1 Viewer)

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to give an update for those people who helped me with their suggestions. I am now a proud owner of an HK 7200. As of now, it's functioning as a giant paperweight as I do not have speakers yet. ;) However, just yesterday I placed my order for a pair of Ascend l/r 340's. They are on backorder so they won't arrive till the 15th of the month but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me early on in my search. I've done what I beleive to be sufficient auditioning, although I still have not gotten around to listening to the rockets, but it's not too late and I plan on doing so. I also plan on getting the 340c for a center, but I gotta make sure i get my tax return check first. :D I'm so excited I just had to share with you guys. I still have to get speaker cables, but I'll get those a couple days before the speakers show up.

Oh! I almost forgot... I was chattin' with Curtis tellin' him my good news (about ordering the ascend's) and he mentioned that I should be careful about my cat and the grill on the speaker. Until then the thought had never crossed my mind. Anyone ever heard of cats having a thing for speaker covers? I figured that they would be too scared of them since they make noise, but just in case...anyone have any suggestions to keep cats away? Thanks

-Johnal

DaveJo

Auditioning
I have a set of junk speakers I run a set of V-drums through the cats just love those. Fuzzy material all over the place. I have yet to find a way to keep them away.

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
NOOOOOOO!!!! Looks like my kitty better get ready to wear booties from now on. She owes me after having to spend over a grand on her surgery for eating a stupid soda tab.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
oh, yes. i am very familiar with the cat-n-speaker cover fetish. mine had a thing for the right front. :)

a squirt bottle with water is a reasonably humane way to "train" them not to go near them, if you develope a problem. once they learn what it is, storing the squirt bottle near the site of their criminal activity can be quite a deterrent, as well.

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Thanks for your advise. I'll give it a shot, but i have this horrible feeling she's going to mess my speakers up.

I should have gotten a dog.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
you might want to think about taking the covers off the speakers completley. If your cat is an indoor cat, it will love to use them as a scratching post. Maybe look for some good looking grills to cover the speakers, and just keep the covers off.

Either that, ditch the cat on the next family trip to the mountains. :D

johnny

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Get your cat declawed, if you need me to send pics of my old mains to make you do it id be glad.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
:angry: Why don't you chop off your fingers?

If you don't want a cat (and whatever problems they bring)- you shouldn't disfigure him just to suit around YOUR lifestyle!:angry:

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy

OMG... This reminds me of a hysterical conversation I had with a lady when my wife and I were looking to adopt a cat. We said something about declawing him, and the lady had a fit. She said it was inhumane, and it would change their personality... LOL.. like chopping off his balls (which the pet adoption agency felt the necessity to do) a week earlier wasn't going to somehow change his personality and wasn't inhumane.

Hysterical...

Have the cat declawed, it'll make your life and their lives much easier. I don't think the two we have ever figured out they don't have front claws because they continue to sharpen their imaginary claws on furniture. If you're interested, there is a new humane way to do the procedure. Here in KC, they use lasers to literally burn them off, and that way there is little, to no recovery time for you beloved family member.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Well said Jeremy! I whole heartedly agree, not a problem to declaw cats. It does add additional responsibility for the owner to ensure the cats are forever after strictly indoor cats as the claws ARE necessary for survival outside. I see no reason a strictly indoor cat needs claws my two have never missed them or the balls either :D

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Absolutely Clint.. but, as you said, you have to go to great lengths to make certain kitty never steps foot outside your home because they will have no lines of defense...

though, my two fat and happy ones I don't think would know what to do with the claws if they had 'em they've lived such lives of luxury with no worry...

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
i agree. but then, as pointed out, on principal, the neutering thing does become a little tough to defend. however, the benefit that neutering them (and us, for that matter, hehe) has for both our species, as a whole, is far greater than the benefit which can be ascribed to declawing; that being, basically, that the animal you own and insist on keeping indoors not behave like an animal.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I wouldnt "disfigure" my cat for the sole purpose of protecting my speaker grills. I did it so that he couldnt scratch me when i was shoving him in the microwave.

But seriously, i didnt get my cat declawed, hence the condition of my old speakers. As for my new speakers, they will remain in perfect condition. We had the cat put to sleep, claws intact. He was 15 years old and had diabeties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks