Update on dealings with Crazy Eddie... shipping problems now (long)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy M, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

After getting through the credit card problems of a couple of days ago...
    I called them up in the late afternoon yesterday to try and obtain a tracking number for my TV that they were *supposed* to have shipped Tuesday afternoon/night or yesterday morning/afternoon/night, I got 'Howard' on the phone. He said, if my memory serves me correctly, that it had shipped earlier in the day or was in the process of shipping when I called, but didn't have a tracking number on it yet, so call back tomorrow (Thur).
    So, I call back today and got yet a 3rd guy to talk to. I gave the name the product ordered, date ordered, and my name and asked for the tracking number on it. *sigh* It hasn't been shipped yet, this guy tells me, it will be another couple of days (maybe even 7!) before it is shipped. I go on to tell him, (wait a minute), I chose the Next Day Air method of shipping and I talked to 'Steve' when he called Tuesday, and he said the TV would be at my house in 3 days (would have been either Thur or Fri), not 7 or more. (Get this), the guy says, and I quote, "hmm, that's insteresting." ..... He then transferred me to 'Steve'.
    So when I get to 'Steve', I basically ask him (in a 'trying-to-be' civil tone) what the **** was up, you told me my TV was to be shipped (at the latest) yesterday sometime? So he tells me it was shipped yesterday, but still no tracking # on it. But then tells me to wait a minute, puts me on hold to check, and lo-and-behold, he found the number for me. So, I was kind of happy after that, Steve said it shipped yesterday and gave me the tracking # and phone # to the shipping company that would be handling my TV for delivery (Hi Pilot/Pilot Air). Everything was ok again, until I called the shipping company. .....
    I got their national cust. service line, told the lady my tracking number, the computer didn't have it yet, so she transferred me to the warehouse(? - can't remember exact name of the place that basically is the warehouse), they haven't got the number yet either. *sigh* (here we go again). Warehouse guy says they make pick-ups from Crazy Eddie everyday and the TV might have been ready to ship yesterday, but wasn't actually picked up (WTF!), would be picked up later today or tomorrow. Maybe they didn't have the tracking # in the computer yet, but 'Steve' and 'Howard' at Crazy Eddie said it shipped yesterday, so who do you believe? This is frustrating, frustration I could do without.
    I know alot of you will say 'what is this guy's problem?, he'll get his TV when he gets it', and 'its a TV, it will take a while to ship'. I understand both of those points, but when I choose Next Day Air as my shipping method, and neither the website nor anyone from Crazy Eddie calls to tell me I can only have the TV shipped by ground, then I expect it to arrive in the method I chose, and in a timely manner (especially if I am paying for it). I hate to sound so rude and impatient, but I have been waiting a long time for an HDTV monitor and to have it possibly get delayed in shipping, I don't have much patience to call back everyday and learn about more and more delays in shipping and whatnot. And the one reason I decided to pay so much more for the method of Next Day Air was so to make sure that I could get the TV in this week, as I am on vacation. I figured I would get it in this week and then have the proper, unheeded, time to get it set up and working properly, the way I want it too.
    But now, I'll be lucky if I get it by Saturday (if they even deliver on Saturdays), or even Monday. (I guess I should have expected it), but this really stinks. And to think I payed >$250 on Next Day Air shipping for something that won't get here until between 3-7 days to my house.
    Crazy Eddie's just might lose the chance at a repeat customer after this.....
    Jeremy M
    [Edited last by Jeremy M on August 16, 2001 at 01:53 PM]
    [Edited last by Jeremy M on August 16, 2001 at 01:59 PM]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm sorry to say that yours is similar to many stories I've heard about the current incarnation of Crazy Eddie. Long ago, when it was a chain of stores throughout NYC, you could at least know what goods you were walking out with. Now that they've reinvented themselves as strictly mail order, you're at their mercy. I hope it all works out for you.
    As an aside, I just recently noticed that they've rehired their old pitchman for late-night TV advertising. Took me back 20 years, to the days of the original "Crazy Eddie" Antar (I believe it's his family that now runs the business).
    M.

3. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Thanks Michael.
    I know it sounds like I am crying about all of it, but why shouldn't I expect a timely arrival of something that I originally requested (and paid dearly for) a Next (business) Day Air service and then I get told it will be 3 days instead of 1 or 2? 3 days is long enough, but still within this week. And then they say it ships (or not, after listening to the people at the shipping company) two days after I ordered the thing, 1 day after it *should have* shipped.
    I am holding out hope that it did ship today sometime but the computer is delaying in showing the tracking # to their search for it. If it did ship today/this evening sometime, I stand a chance of having it delivered tomorrow.
    All I know is, if I have to wait any longer than next Tuesday for my merchandise, Crazy Eddie will definitely get the poorest customer service rating from yours truly.
    Jeremy M

4. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

As of 2pm today, Crazy Eddie has forever lost the chance at a repeat customer from me. I just received an e-mail response from the shipping company that is handling the shipping of purchased TV from Crazy Eddie and the e-mail told me that as of 2 EST, it hadn't been picked up from Crazy Eddie yet and they don't pick up from there until late.
    (WTF!!!)
    I was *assured* by 'Steve' (CSR at C.E.) that the TV had shipped out with this shipping company Wednesday or Thursday (even gave me a tracking #), but the shipping company tells me they haven't picked it up yet!
    I am infuriated by this sh**. I could call Crazy Eddie to yell and bitch, but what good would it really do me?? They'd just tell me that they had shipped it and tell me to call the shipping company to find out what's going on, only to have the shipping co. tell me the same thing they've been telling me since yesterday... they haven't gotten it from C.E. yet.
    Could it be something happened that the tracking number never made it into the shipping company's computer and its on its way, or is this really happening... C.E. is lying to me about it being shipped when it really hasn't??
    And to think I'm having to pay more than $250 for shipping when this BS is going on. I was supposed to have this TV in my living room (at the latest) today!
    This is all BS. Crazy Eddie can change they're name as far as I'm concerned... they should be called Shi**y Eddie.
    Jeremy M

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Sounds like it blows to me. I think CE had to order the TV from someone else, and then redeliver it to you. Sorry that doesn't help.
    Usually the tracking numbers are entered at night, so if it went out today it won't show up until Saturday (on their tracking sheet).
    If you can find out if Pilot has it tomorrow, and if they don't, then cancel the order! If it is on the way, you can get a refund from CE for the shipping time. If they said overnight, then it is overnight. You can look at the truck tag to see what day it was picked up.
    I had a situation with UPS once. The shipper gave me an incorrect tracking number. I got it on time but according to their tracking system, my package was delivered about 600 miles away! Was I pissed!

6. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Yet another update in my saga (I feel like I'm writing a novel here):
    I called the shipping company again this morning. I totally expected the same response I had been getting, still no information. Wasn't I pleasantly surprised when the guy gave me some shipping info on my TV. But as pleased as I was to actually get some info on where it was, how it was being shipped and when to expect it, it actually was very disturbing info too.
    The guy told me it was picked up from Capital Audio (who?) in NY (where?! WTF, I ordered it from Crazy Eddie, whose in NJ). It was picked up from there on Wed., 8/15, and shipped under some shipping option that would have a required delivery by 5pm of next Wed., 8/22.
    *shaking head*
    I finally got some information on the damn thing and I didn't like hearing any of it. I am happy to hear that I am actually going to get the TV, but I was supposed to have it by yesterday at the latest! Now I have to wait until next Tues./Wed. to get it (lucky for them, I am off on both those days). I chose the Next Day Air service for this TV and I get 9/10 days after I order it. What a f***ing joke.
    To all of those who don't live on the eastern seaboard, don't order something big, like a TV, with anything more than ground service or you will experience a BIG letdown.
    Just 'a word to the wise'.
    Jeremy M

7. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Jeremy, that's what I had guessed. CE doesn't stock anything. They call that a 'drop shipment' (but these are usually from the manufacturer's warehouse). At any rate, notify CE that it wasn't overnight and get some money back.
    Glenn

8. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

You were right, Glenn.
    I am apprehensive of it being picked up from Capital Audio because I checked their website and they don't even list the TV I ordered! They have a 30" (or 32", can't remember) Samsung Tantus DynaFlat, same make and model as my 27" TV, but they list the one on the website as being an 'ED', not HD, capable monitor.
    After all this, if I don't get the right TV...
    Thank god I don't make these kinds of purchases (and related terrible customer service, not to mention improper shipping methods) all the time. Could drive a person insane.
    Jeremy M

9. lawrence murray

lawrence murray Auditioning

I guess there is a reason they call it "Crazy" Eddie - that's what they do to their customers!
    I wouldn't order from them, but I have been around since their beginnings, been burned. Their reputation is terrible since they use low ball prices to get you in.
    I would guess you passed on the service contract, their big moneymaker other than shipping, and that may also be a contributing factor to their poor service.
    Based on your experience, I think I would have to be crazy to buy from them.

10. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Yes, Lawrence, I did pass on the service contract.
    It probably is the best idea, and in you "own best interests", to buy a service contract along with a big purchase like a TV, but I didn't have the money to buy a service contract, so I passed. I only plan to "use" this TV for my HD and main viewing content for about a year or year and a half (saving up for a bigger WS RPTV), so I'm hoping I won't really need this TV serviced anymore than my own tweaking of it.
    I'm not a person who does all kinds of things to tweak my TV or take them apart or such to make them better, so I shouldn't have too many major problems with it after a year or even about 6 months after that.
    Regardless of the service contracts being money makers or not, pissing customers off (and lying to them), because they don't purchase them as well, so much that they won't ever buy there again is not being very effiencent "money making".
    And regardless I get a refund on shipping time or not, I still will never buy there again... I won't even price match there again either.
    Now, let's just see if I actually get my TV between tomorrow sometime and Wednesday, 8/22, at 5pm now.
    (After all I've been through so far, I'd be willing to bet I don't see my TV until later in the week, or even later.)
    [​IMG]
    Jeremy M

11. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Well, I think we will all be a little bit happier in a day or two...
    I called PilotAir's Chicago drop-off station this morning (around 11:30, 8/20) and they told me that they did have it and it would be on its way to Moline, IL, (which is 45-60 minutes from here), and I would get a call about delivery tomrrow.
    I think I will call up the Chicago station again later this morning and ask to see if I can get the number for the Moline drop-off/delivery station so I can "politely" ask them to deliver my TV by 5pm today, instead of waiting until tomorrow, Wed 8/22.
    I know I am being really impatient, but I just want this whole ordeal to be over with and the TV safely here in my house so I can stop worrying about it and just forget the whole thing and, not to mention, Crazy Eddie too.
    (Wish me luck on finally getting my TV within the next couple of days!)
    Jeremy M

12. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I'd demand a full refund on the shipping. They sure don't pay $250 to ship to you, they may lose another $50 bucks...let em.
    Call the BBB, state attorney, ETC . Just get them to admit that they couldn't get it to you the next day as requested and paid for, and you win.
    Brent L

13. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Admit it? I think the delivery tag would be enough. Be sure and write your name, along with the date and time vey clearly! - Like write big!
    Glenn

14. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

Also, go to www.audiosurvey.com and www.epinions.com and share your experience with Crazy Eddies. You may even mention to someone at Crazy Eddie that you will be sharing your experiences with them on these websites (and any others you can find) if they do not refund the shipping charges.

15. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
    The shipping saga itself will finally end tomorrow afternoon (I hope!) as the shipping co. called this afteroon to get a delivery time for the TV to my house tomorrow. Since he apologetically told me it couldn't be delivered today, I will get it sometime between 12noon and 2pm CST tomorrow.
    I still can't get over them conning me into paying $250 for Next Day service and it will be 9 days, tomorrow, before I get my TV. I could have used that $200 (I would have saved) to help get myself an OTA antenna to pickup the broadcast stations, within 60-80 miles (or however far the best outdoor OTA antennas can obtain a signal from) of here, so I will be ready to go when the locals (and surrounding *reachable* areas) start broadcasting in HD, on the first of March, 2002.
    Be nice to receive those other analog stations anyway, as they broadcast different shows and sporting events than they do locally.
    Jeremy M

16. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

(After looking at the TV listed and specs again on Capital Audio...)
    I hope I do get the wrong TV! I just now noticed that the TV listed on Capital Audio's site (that's like mine, but isn't mine), is the same exact type of TV, only its 30" and WS! I wanted WS all along, but couldn't afford the prices they want for them.
    There's no way in he** I could see either Crazy Eddie, or Capital Audio, making such a mistake in sending me a TV that costs $1000 more than my purchase, but while I will never purchase from them or mention their name again (for lying to me), getting that 30" WS TV would more than enough make up for the $200 in shipping that C.E. over charged me.
    I know, I know, don't pinch me, I know I'm dreaming about getting the bigger (thusly better) HDTV, but I can't find the model or model number of the TV I ordered from C.E. on C.A.'s website, only the 30" model.
    Hey, its still legal to wish upon a star, isn't it??
    [​IMG]
    Jeremy M

17. Seth T

Seth T Stunt Coordinator

So, Jeremy...
    Are you going to finish your story? I read the whole thread like a novel, and am hanging on whether you got your TV or not, and if it was the right one.
    Don't do this to me man! [​IMG]

18. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

19. Josh LeClair

Josh LeClair Agent

Come on, toss us a bone.