UPDATE - HomeTheater signs/plaques

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Scott Macumber, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Scott Macumber

Scott Macumber Auditioning

I know nobody responded to my Backlit HT signage post, but I thought I would update you guys anyway. I have rendered a 3D model of a DTS sign and will be posting that pic tomorrow. I think it turned out very well.

If it turns out that no one is interested, I'd also be happy to make the various sign logos in Adobe Illustrator and save them as .WMF files so you could incorporate them into your own designs and they would be scalable with no loss in quality.

Anyway, thanks for your time again. After my Flexy and speaker stands are complete I'll be posting pics of my HT. Have a great day!

2. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Scott, have you come across any high res pics of either Dolby EX or DTS ES images? I'm also making my own plaques, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for in these ones yet. I have the THX nicely sourced from one of the many helpful people in the original thread for this discussion, but he only had the regular versions of the DD/DTS, not extended.

Anybody who has something like this, I'd really appreciate a link.

Thanks!

3. AntonioD

AntonioD Auditioning

What kind of media will you be printing on? Will the signs have a glossy or matte finish? What will be the size of the signs?

4. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Sorry Antonio, was that for me or for Scott?

Mine will be around 5 x 7 (or around there) printed glossy on a professional setup (my dad runs a printing plant). I'm not sure what the printer is, but it uses huge sheets of photo paper type stuff.