What's new

Update: Bringing Up Baby, Philadelphia Story, Libeled Lady, Stage Door and others (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I can't wait for the "Bringing Up Baby" set, and will more than likely pick up "Philadelphia Story", although I'm not near as fond of that movie and already own the original release.

Warner is keeping me in the poorhouse. I would wager that 80% of my purhases are WB discs. Way to go!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I think it's not even a contest as to which studio is the Studio of the Year for 2004 and maybe even 2005, with these two great SEs and God knows what other surprises (the long-awaited Batman SEs, King Kong SE, etc.).

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Wonderful News. Love the artwork on these releases too!

Tracy Lord: "You seem quite contemptuous of me all of the sudden".
C. K. Dexter Haven: "No Red, not of you, never of you".

Can't wait!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Might be worth a double dip on my favorite movie. I wonder if it is the same transfer or a remaster.

"C.K. Dexter Haven, you have unsuspected depth!"

Rob

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator

I,m sure it will be a remaster. Warners has been very good (far beyond any other studio!) about making re-releases worthy of repurchase. I can't wait!

Derek Estes

Stunt Coordinator
From the Digital Bits
I am once again Speachless....
Warners is blowing my F***ing mind right now!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

SWEET!
as per the '03 chat, i've been expecting this for a while, and was figuring they would tie it in with at least one other Harlow release- but its still wonderful news!
this is my absolute favorite Loy/Powell pairing and i can't wait-
even better, it comes at least a week before i have to head back on the road, so i can actually pick it up on street day and not have to wait to savor it.

thanks Warner!

To Be Or Not To Be is a little more unexpected but very welcome also!
thats one hell of a street date.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Stage Door!!!!!! Finally!!!!! One of my favorites. Hepburn and Rogers are at their best on that picure. WB can't thank you enough!!!!
Plus Libeled Lady, Dinner at Eight and To Be or Not to Be. All of them prime classics!!!! 2005 is definitely the year for dvd classic releases.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Stage Door Stage Door! YES, I love this film!
And Bringing up baby, HELL YEAH!
an SE of Philadelphia Story, sweet I was thinking of buying this.
Dinner at Eight is incredible, better than Grand Hotel, with as good a cast plus an awesome Frances Marion script!
Libeled Lady, a wonderfully funny film
I've also wanted to see To Be or Not to be for some time.

Please put all this day's releases in a BOX SET Warners, that way I can afford March 1st!

damn, I've managed to cut back my dvd purchases, but I'll have to budget hard to afford the warner's gangsters, the studio ghibli releases, the warner classic comedies, bambi and chariots of fire. and watch Fox make it worse by announcing some incredible releases of their own...

Adam

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Artwork for the non-SE titles is up at DVDAnswers. I gotta needle Tom Woodward here: "To Be Or Not To Be which stars Robert Stack"? Yes, but there were a couple of other stars in it as well...you know, the ones on the cover... :D

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'll certainly be buying each of those.

Poor Herb is going to be quite busy next year. :)

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Each one of these films is truly a must-have. As usual, Warner preps another knockout release.

A friend who gets one of those "subscription lists" says these are all going to be loaded with extras, and that there will be a boxed set of all 6 new releases providing a substantial savings.

The art on DVDANSWERS is gorgeous. Can't wait for these.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

I was only planning on getting the two 2-disc SEs and To Be Or Not To Be, since I haven't seen the other three movies, but naturally I'll go for the blind buy on the others as well if they'll all be in a box set. Considering that they all have the same street date, March 1, it makes sense that there'll be a box set.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I was planning on the two SEs myself, but I think I'll go for the box.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
This is some spectacular news. The Philadelphia Story is one of the DVD's that we watched over and over again back when we only had a couple hundred titles. I'll gladly double-dip on the SE. Bringing Up Baby is one of my most anticipated titles. I first saw it on the big screen a few years ago during a summer movie series, and it's been one of my favorite films since. And while I've never seen Libeled Lady, I'll be sure to get it. My wife and I are nuts about Myrna Loy & William Powell (we even named our youngest daughter Myrna), so there's no way I'll pass on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks