Update and Thanks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisMcK, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ChrisMcK

ChrisMcK Stunt Coordinator

Jan 9, 2003
    I just wanted to send a thanks to the members of this board who helped me with my buying decisions. I have had my speakers for about 3 weeks now and you can't get me away from them. I currently have a set of Cambridge Soundworks Newton Speakers [mc 300's for my L,R and CC and MC 200's for my surrounds] after demo-ing different CSW speaker combinations at home I'm very satisfied with these. Also have a CSW 10S powered sub. The only drawback of my system would be the fact that I have the CSW "MeagaTheater" DVD/Receiver. To my novice ear I don't think it affects performance but I think I would probably get more out of the speakers with a seperate receiver. So here is where I stand: I love my speakers and will be keeping them for a while, within the next year I will probably upgrade to a new receiver [6.1 channel set-up preferably] and dvd player and I'll probably upgrade the sub as well.
    Hoepfully someday I'll have the cash for a nice widescreen HDTV set - someday.
    Thanks Again - you guys [and girls] really know your stuff
  2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Jul 31, 1997
    Cees Alons
    Hey Chris, that's how most of us started: knowing almost nothing and learning through this forum and other literature.
    We hope you'll stay here and maybe help others in the near future. [​IMG]