What's new

Updatable Player (1 Viewer)

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I just got some blu-rays that won't play on any of the players in my house. The extras and everything BUT the movie will play, but when I hit play, the screen goes black and just plays the sound from the menu. I tried my dad's player, but the same thing happened, though this time, the screen showed the menu....though the screen froze and wouldn't do anything.

I tried on my PS3 and the movie WOULD play, but I don't want to use that because for some reason, the PS3 had a hard time sliding the disc back out. I don't want it to get stuck. I don't know if it's because the discs are not exactly official and are thicker because of the artwork, or what.

My question is....what are some good blu-ray players, 3D would be a plus, that will play these movies ? I thought I read somewhere that a player that can be updated over an internet connection might help in some way. So, something that has wifi would be a good idea.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The player you already have may play the discs if you update the firmware. You should check the manufacturer website for the player that you have and see if a firmware update is available. If one is available, download it to a USB stick and use that to update your player's firmware.

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
The player you already have may play the discs if you update the firmware. You should check the manufacturer website for the player that you have and see if a firmware update is available. If one is available, download it to a USB stick and use that to update your player's firmware.
None of our player are updateable....at least not anymore. My personal player is 10 years old. I was able to update it once by burning to a cd....but I don't have access to a burner anymore. The player in the living room is almost as old. The player that my dad has doesn't have usb, it's old, too.

I don't have the money for a usb stick, anyway. Thanks for trying to help, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks