What's new

Upcoming slate of 4k & BD releases 2021 (all studios) (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
From Dusk Till Dawn is right up my alley !
Also planning to get Godzilla, Orange, Shawshank and Willy Wonka !

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
"A Clockwork Orange" and "The Road Warrior" (is the 'Mad Max the Road Warrior' ,the new official name for the film?) for sure.
Very nice.

Reactions: PMF

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Of all the WB films the one that I would consider as my number one request. Ben-Hur 1959. Number two would be Mutiny on the Bounty 1962.

Very wise choice as these would look the best of all the ones he mentioned. Which is ironic as it is rather unlikely we will ever see Mutiny on the Bounty on a UHD disc.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I think the Stephen king collection of novellas "Different Seasons" is an amazing read. Rita Hayworth, and the Shawshank Redemption, and 'The Body'(Stand by Me) are the standout stories and both are page turners for sure, but Apt Pupil was also good. The last story escapes my memory, but I don't remember it being bad.

With almost no exceptions I thing every talented person has a "shelf life" meaning they have a certain period in time where there abilities shine the brightest. Stephen King in the late 70's, early 80's was just brilliant.

It's also worth saying that the "problem" with "Stephen King" movies is that people immediately assume they are horror films. Which is completely understandable because most of them are. But I would argue that the two best "Stephen King" movies are ones that aren't horror: The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
"A Clockwork Orange" and "The Road Warrior" (is the 'Mad Max the Road Warrior' ,the new official name for the film?) for sure.
Very nice.

I suspect the "Mad Max" part is just there to make sure (in case there was anyone who didn't know) that it's part of the brand.

I have Warner's Mad Max Trilogy on BD, and Warner Japan's Mad Max: The Collection on DVD. In one, the film is titled "Mad Max 2" in all the external material, but the source used has "The Road Warrior" as the on-screen title. The other one refers to it "The Road Warrior", while the source used has "Mad Max 2" as the on-screen title. Weird.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The original Mad Max was a hit pretty much everywhere except America, where it received a limited release, so in most parts of the world, the second film was known as Mad Max 2, while in North America it was retitled The Road Warrior, as Mad Max meant nothing to audiences then.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes, I'm aware of that. My point was that the releases I mentioned used both titles, one for the external matter (the case, the documentation, etc.) and the other as the on-screen title of whatever elements they used, and they were flipped.

Japanese DVD: "Mad Max 2" externally, "The Road Warrior" on-screen.
US Blu-ray: "The Road Warrior" externally, "Mad Max 2" on-screen.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
After Paramount releases The Ten Commandments my number one request from Paramount is My Fair Lady. MFL will look marvelous in 4k uhd.

Now owned by Paramount, who have released it in 4K in digital format but not disc.
Where is this 4K file available ? ITunes?- then it should already look mahvelous!
Has anyone here seen it? We need more Eddie Murphy flicks before Paramount Presents will release anything that insignificant.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
After Paramount releases The Ten Commandments my number one request from Paramount is My Fair Lady. MFL will look marvelous in 4k uhd.
MFL definitely. I would also love to see a new 70mm print of the film. The last time it was restored (?) and released in 70mm, (eighties?) the print was a mess.-especially the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks