What's new

Upcoming Paramounts (1 Viewer)

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Paramount retains the rights to MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK because they remade it in the fifties as a Jerry Lewis vehicle (ROCK A BYE YOUR BABY) and bought back the rights from Universal at the time of the remake.

Good news about THE ASSISINATION BUREAU and WHITE DAWN. My two most wanted Paramount titles (Martin, if you're listening) are ACE IN THE HOLE and DEEP END.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Heartburn, cool! A Jack Nicholson film, plus the first role of Kevin Spacey if I'm not mistaken!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
What are you talking about, no one is "whining". People are rightly expressing their wishes for certain high-profile Paramount films to be released on DVD. Paramount obviously has listened to its customers in the past, otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't be getting Diabolik.

In the Modern World, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
What the hell are they waiting for with "The African Queen"? It's only the 17th greatest American film of all time according to AFI. It only features splendid performances by Bogey and Hepburn. It was one of the finest (if not the finest) of John Huston's films.

Really wish Warner had this in their library. We'd have a jam-packed 2-disc SE by now.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Still waiting for:

1. The Naked Jungle
2. The Naked Prey
3. Phase IV
4. Robinson Crusoe on Mars
5. Ragtime
6. Samson and Delilah (1949)
7. Looking for Mr Goodbar
8. Teacher's Pet (1958)

:D :D

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
And don't forget that THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST arrives on R1 DVD on June 8th (hopefully uncut with the original music intact)!

Titles I'm very pleased to see are coming soon (and which I'll definitely buy):

DIABOLIK
THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU
THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR
BROADWAY BILL

Hoping for future releases of:

ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)
CRACK IN THE WORLD (1965)
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (1958)
PHASE IV (1973)
CONQUEST OF SPACE (1955)
COLOSSUS OF NEW YORK (1958)
SPACE CHILDREN (1958)
THE NAKED PREY (1966)
TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE (1959)
TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT (1960)
TARZAN GOES TO INDIA (1962)
TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES (1963)
THE NAKED JUNGLE (1954)
THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK (1946)
WINGS (1927)
ACE IN THE HOLE/BIG CARNIVAL (1951)
THE AFRICAN QUEEN (1951)
THE ACCUSED (1948)
DARK CITY (1950)
DETECTIVE STORY (1951)
LADY IN A CAGE (1964)
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL (1959)
MONTE WALSH (1970)
PRIME CUT (1972)
THE REIVERS (1969)
UNMAN, WITTERING, ZIGO (1971)
THE DOUBLE MAN (1967)
FRAULEIN DOKTOR (1968)
THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH (1959)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Dane, as many people on this forum know I feel as strongly about this title as you do. Apparently there is some investigatory and/or restoration work already under way. This seems to be shrouded in mystery at the moment though I believe some of the administrators on this forum know more than they are revealing. My hope is that it will be available by 2005 of if we are very lucky by end of 2004 -- though the fact that there is so little 'buzz' about it at this point makes me skeptical about an early release. This title is available in quite acceptable form (if not perfect) in R2 and I possess it. It contains an excellent commentary from the Cinematographer and some other extras. It may be worthy of a look considering the possibility that we may never see it in R1.

Joel

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've have some cool information from Paramount today. These titles have yet to be announced, but we have confirmed with the studio that they ARE finally in the works for DVD release... D.A.R.Y.L., Explorers and Fire in the Sky. I know a lot of you out there are interested in Fire and Explorers in particular, based on the number of inquiries we get about them. Also, soon to be announced by Paramount are first season DVD box sets of Happy Days, Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley. Look for those Summer 2004. Better still, we've been told to expect Star Trek: The Original Series - Season One to arrive on DVD in the 3rd Quarter of this year.

No Joanie Loves Chachi? ;)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Good to hear about Explorers; that's one of Joe Dante's best films, IMO. There's a lot of potential for some cool extras, too. I'd love to hear a Dante commentary, of course. They could also seamlessly branch the theatrical version with the "Home Video" edit. Of course, an isolated score would be lovely, but they haven't been doing many of those lately.

Of course, one of the best things they could do would be to have all the "Starkiller" footage presented as a separate short film.

I just hope it's a good release; if nothing else, I'll be glad to have the movie, and Paramount usually does pretty good with the presentation of their films.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Peter Fitzgerrald - The Reivers

Yes! That's a damn good movie. It must be one of the few Superstar-era McQueen films not on DVD along with Cincinnati Kid, of course.

The Reivers has a weird theatrical/video history

Fox put out the most recent VHS release.

Was there a 2.35:1 letterboxed Laserdisc?

Are letterboxed versions broadcast on TV?

This film should have been on DVD years ago.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
Hey: Jeff_HR

I knew there had to be somone eles out there that was waiting for Teachers Pet. It's #1 on my list from Paramount. :emoji_thumbsup:

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I'm over the moon that Mario Bava's Diabolik is hitting dvd; Now Paramount please release Saul Bass' Phase IV....with a Saul Bass docu on his design in the media, go on you know it makes sense ;)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
two comedies I would love to have from Paramount-
Teachers Pet - Doris Day
It Started In Naples - Sophia Loren, Clark Gable

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
Now that Rustlers' Rhapsody is on the way from Paramount, I'm still anxious to replace my laserdiscs of Distant Thunder and The Keep with OAR DVDs.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Thanks, Paramount. I'm looking forward to The Rose Tattoo and Come Back Little Sheba.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks