Upcoming Horror Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by JohnE, Jul 25, 2003.

1. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

What have we got for horror movies coming down the road? There are only a vouple of movies on my radar but I know there must be more on the way.

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
    -I forgot the name of the movie but the premise was a bunch of guys in the trenches during WW1 being hunted by something, I think it's British and it sounded pretty cool. Anyone know the name of this?
    -Jeepers Creepers 2

What else is coming?

2. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

3. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey
    The name of the British film you are talking about is Deathwatch starring Jamie Bell (kid from Billy Elliot). The films ok !!

A couple of other good upcoming horror films I have heard about are Underworld with Kate Beckinsale, and a film called Darkness, which is a Spanish/American production. It has been released in many European countries, and is due to be released in the US and UK this autumn.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

The big'un that's being hyped the most is Cabin Fever. I think that's scheduled for September. Every review I've read for it has been a rave.

There's also Jason vs. Freddy, which I think looks like it could be fun [​IMG]

5. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

There is rumor of a "Dawn of the Dead" remake as well as a 4th film in the George Romero zombie series tentatively titled "Dead Reckoning" or "Twilight of the Dead" depending on the source. Fangoria Magazine was the source of the "Twilight of the Dead" title.

6. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Just to name a few...

Cabin Fever- see my old thread on this one.
    Highwaymen
    Underworld
    Beyond Re-Animator
    Freddy vs. Jason
    Rottweiler
    Cold Creek Manor
    House of the Dead
    The Order
    Stay
    Gothika
    Hypnotic
    Hellraiser Deader
    Beneath Still Waters

7. Travis_S

Travis_S Supporting Actor

Travis
    The Dawn of the Dead remake is coming out next March I believe.
    Romero's 4th Dead movie will be made when someone finances it. 20th Century Fox was going to finance it the last I heard.

8. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

9. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Oogah. One of my favorite topics.

Of the upcoming titles, I've seen Cabin Fever and Beyond Re-Animator. Both should certainly please the horror fans, though CF is a considerably better film overall. (Beyond Re-Animator and Hellraiser: Deader are DTV titles, though I saw BR at a film fest and had a damn good time with it.) Long Time Dead is stylishly directed but kinda EH plot-wise. My Little Eye was much better than I expected it to be, while Deathwatch was slow but still entertaining. 13th Child (coming soon to DVD) is pretty freakin' bad.

I'm still looking for The Bunker and The Hole. And keeping an eye out for Anna Paquin's The Darkness. Also, I recently read that Lions Gate has picked up the Aussie zombie flick known as Undead, which is one I'm sure Justin is also dying to see. (I've heard some really great things from a few friends down under.) Stuart Gordon's King of the Ants sounds like something I wanna see.

Underworld has me quite excited. I've watched the trailer like four times already. [​IMG] House of the Dead has recently vacated (Cabin Fever's) Sept. 12th date and is now set for an Oct. 10th release. Highwaymen was also recently bumped to 12/3. Bubba Ho-tep is getting a very limited release in September. Jeepers Creepers 2 and The Order don't enthuse me all that much - though of course I'll see both. And as a fan of the first chapter, I look forward to next year's Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Gothika is another one I'm not too high on just yet, as I see Dark Castle as 0 for 3 at this point - and I'm not a Halle Berry fan. DeNiro and Kinnear in Godsend looks a bit blah. And if Pirates of the Caribbean is any indication, Disney's The Haunted Mansion could offer a really good time.

Tremors 4 (DTV, December) could be some fun. We've been promised a sequel to Dog Soldiers and TWO more Ginger Snaps installments, which could yield some good stuff. Anaconda 2: The Black Orchid is in production as we speak, and my old high-school buddy Eric Leven is working as Head of Special Effects on Starship Troopers 2. The director of the upcoming House of the Dead has another Video Game Horror in the works entitled Alone in the Dark, and Christian Slater's on board there. Trilogy screenwriter David Goyer has earned directorial duties for Blade: Trinity and that's penciled in for next August.

For next year, I've got red circles around Cursed, Van Helsing and Hellboy. Exorcist 4: The Beginning seems dicey. The remakes for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead have me skeptical-yet- very interested. I'm all over an Alien vs. Predator movie, and M. Night Shyamalan's The Woods should also be something to see.

And YES I'm quite psyched for Freddy vs. Jason. It's like the titanic battle between both of my childhood babysitters.

I'm sure I missed a few, but there's lotsa goodies on the way for the horror freaks. Yay!

10. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

I was hoping you would stop by this thread Scott.[​IMG]

Here's a question for anybody, is Rb Zombie going to do another horror movie? I know a lot of people didn't like House of a 100 Corpses, but I had a pretty good time with it. Wouldn't mind seeing what he could do for his sophmore outing.

11. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

12. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Thanks, John.

Last I heard, Zombie had some semi-concrete plans to do the sequel soon.

13. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

14. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor