What's new

Upcoming Horror Movies! / News, discussion, calendar, etc. (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I hear they're planning to remake SPIDER-MAN 3 - and it's not even out yet.
biggrin.gif

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
quote:Anymore news on the new Hellraiser movie? Yes I know its utter cheese at this point but I'm genuinely interested...

You mean the two Hellraiser DTV sequels which are finished and keep being pushed back (might have something to do with Miramax's contract ending with Disney next year).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'd like to see those two Hellraiser sequels. They'll probably suck badly, but I'll still watch them.

I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking Part 5. Much better than I was expecting...3, 4, and 6 sucked though.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I liked the 1972 sequel and the 1988 remake of THE BLOB, and I'd watch a new one too!

If they're smart, they'll leave things vague enough so that it can be interpreted as a sequel to the earlier films.

That's the way I thought of the 1988 film; basically that the goverment took what it learned back in the 50s and created a weapon from the idea.

A new version could have the suspicion be that the menace could be an enemy's version sent to the US for a test run...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Necroscope fans start salivating. From Brian Lumley's official website:

Necroscope has now been optioned for a movie. The option has been paid, the check has been cashed. We met with two very important gentlemen in Phoenix at WFC. More on this as it develops. When we know you will know.

Please, please, please, please, please let this be good.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Dude! DUDE! Holy moley! I've read em all! Necroscope, Vamphyri, The Source, Deadspeak, Deadspawn, Blood Brothers, The Last Aerie (my favorite), Bloodwars...

I love this series! Now whom...would I pick...to direct the thing...hrrmmm.

Well, David Fincher - but I'd pick him to direct anything full of spies, vampires and psychics.
smile.gif

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
JoBlo's pal Arrow just started doling out the horror news, and he's done a pretty good job of it so far!

Random stuff I've come across recently:

Lion's Gate bought Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark, which they'll release on 1/28, which prompts a bump of Haute Tension to 6/3!
furious.gif
LG also has The Devil's Rejects on 8/12, Saw 2 penciled in for 10/28 and...still no release date for the inevitably DTV Undead.

In other sequel news, The Grudge 2. You knew it was coming.

Sony has claimed 11/23 as the release date for Underworld 2.

There's rumblings about Don Coscarelli finally making another Phantasm sequel and more whispers about the original Blair Witch Project directors getting together for the prequel.

...and it looks like Clive Barker is producing a futuristic horror thingie called Plague. Cool.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
quote:which prompts a bump of Haute Tension to 6/3!

Fuckballs! I want to see this one again! The only uncut DVD out doesn't have the original French audio.

Sepeaking of Clive Barker, what ever happened to the Tortured Souls movie?

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
also speaking of clive barker, does anyone know what's up with his voice? every time i have seen him interviewed lately his voice is unbelievably gravelly. definitely different from a few years ago. health problems maybe? if anyone knows, please fill me in.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, very gravelly. Not sure why, but it has been getting worse. I listened to his Hellrasier commentary on the LD that was recorded in the mid-90s and he sounded fine.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Barker is definitely not aging gracefully. I saw him on the "Top 100 Scariest Movie Moments" on Bravo and would never have thought that was him if they didn't keep putting up his name when the guy was on-screen.

Isn't he a chain smoker? That's probably the cause, if not something more serious like cancer of the larynx.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That's been discussed quite a few times, and the general answer is no. Too many companies own the rights to different films. When you think about it, the F13 films weren't even released in a complete box set. It's only 1-8 from Paramount, with 9 and 10 being released from New Line.

Anchor Bay has rights to Halloween 1, 4, and 5. Universal has the rights to 2 and 3, while Miramax/Dimension has the rights to 6, 7, and 8. There'd have to be a lot of working together to release an all-encompassing set.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Remakes in the works ...

The Exorcist:
http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=373

Hey! I've got some exciting new information for you straight from Warner Brothers studios concerning a possible remake of 1973's "The Exorcist"! The proposed idea is being spearheaded by Warner Brothers and Rogue Pictures (who recently produced "Seed of Chucky) and is looking to star Dakota Fanning and possibly Gary Oldman in a major role. A first draft has already been penned by Jim Cash ("Anaconda").

Evil Dead:
http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8225

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks