What's new

Upcoming Fox Releases (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Still waiting for Fox's announcement, regarding their exciting plans for 3 WOMEN and BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, that they promised us in the chat from last year. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Wouldn't mind seeing other Fox titles such as

PRETTY POISON
VALLEY OF THE DOLLS
MYRA BRECKINRIDGE
PEYTON PLACE
RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE
THE BEST OF EVERYTHING (recently mentioned in Entertainment Weekly's countdown of the 50 Best Cult Films)

on DVD someday, either.

Regards,

CN

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
3 WOMEN and VANISHING POINT were mentioned, I believe....
and then, what about THE EMPORER OF THE NORTH?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In the DVDFile discussion forum I spotted a thread I meant to mention here. I don't have time to go find it right now, but the gist of it is that the poster had gotten a communication from someone-in-the-know (director's secretary, IIRC) that the DVD from Myra Breckiridge was in-the-works.

Go over there and look in their version of the Software section for a thread with the film's title in the subject. Sorry I can't do it for you right now!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm anxiously awaiting news on 3 Women & both Valley of the Dolls films too. Hoping that they are still planned for DVD.

Speaking of Fox films, would anyone know anything about Viva Zapata? I could have sworn that this was a title that was supposed to come out this year.

Claude North

Second Unit
In the DVDFile discussion forum I spotted a thread I meant to mention here. I don't have time to go find it right now, but the gist of it is that the poster had gotten a communication from someone-in-the-know (director's secretary, IIRC) that the DVD from Myra Breckiridge was in-the-works.

Thanks for the tip!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm still waiting to hear about the following:
  • My Darling Clementine
  • The Gunfighter
  • Leave Her To Heaven
  • Pickup On South Street
  • Boomerang
  • Jesse James
  • In Old Chicago
  • Drums Along the Mohawk
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles
  • Heaven Can Wait

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
FYI to Robert,

Sadly, Fox no longer owns THE ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES and THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES. The rights ended up with King World Productions, who I believe have licensed them (along with the Universal-made Holmes films) to MPI Video.

I'm certain that Fox no longer owns those 2 films, but not 100% certain this rumor I've heard about MPI gaining distribution rights is accurate.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
According to the person writing the liner notes and designating the chapter stops (Richard Valley of 'Scarlet Street' magazine), MPI is releasing all 14 of the Rathbone/Bruce Sherlock Holmes films, 12 from Universal and 2 from Fox. The Universal's are all from the UCLA restorations, the two Fox titles are from elements that Fox has.

They will be released two per month, beginning in September (though this is tentative at the moment).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i've also heard Myra Breckinridge is working its way to disc.
can't remember where though.
it really suprised me.

i'd love to see the Peyton Place movies show up too.
weren't they also mentioned in the last chat as coming soon?

and i've never seen it, but tantalizing clips in various places make me very eager to check out Leave Her to Heaven.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm still waiting to hear about the following:

My Darling Clementine
Wasn't it mentioned recently in this forum that My Darling Clementine would be included in the next wave of Fox Studio Classics for next year?

Oops - just found the reference Robert, and you know about that, of course ;)

Damn fine list - Drums Along The Mohawk would be particularly nice.

---
So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks