What's new

Upcoming Criterion releases (2 Viewers)

FrankXS

Second Unit
Does someone have information about Drums Along the Mohawk coming to DVD. Fox has several unreleased titles including Young Mr. Lincoln.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
I would love to get Drums...so that I can finally retire my laserdisc. My favorite film as a kid and still one of my favorites. And a Criterion release would be bliss. But I've heard nothing about this title or Young Mr. Lincoln.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Oh I nearly forgot, the new calender for the Egyptian theatre came out, they're doing a series on movies not on video. thought you'll might find this interesting: Nightmare Alley, 1947 Criterion 110 min.
Pretty Poison, 1968 Fox (Criterion), 99 min

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Nightmare Alley has been in limbo for waaaaay too long. I'd love to see it again. A true classic, harshly overlooked over the years by Fox. Great to see that it is being revived. I'd buy a DVD edition in a heartbeat.

I've never seen Pretty Poison, but it sounds interesting. Perkins was always great.

What else will the Egyptian be showing, Adam? Phil Kaufman's, Fearless Frank? :)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Both of those aren't actually from the Criterion that releases DVDs, but a company that existed long before (Criterion Pictures) that does theatrical re-releases of classic movies. The two aren't at all related. Sorry to disappoint.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Fox have (more or less) promised Drums Along The Mohawk this year; I think it will be included in the Studio Classics line.

Any news on the mystery John Ford title(s) that Criterion are said be to be releasing this year?

---
So many films, so little time...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Glenn Erickson just mentioned in his DVD Savant column today that "Eyes Without A Face" has just been confirmed to be on the way from Criterion. I looked at the Criterion site and didn't see anything, however, but Glenn is definitely in the know when it comes to things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks