Up to 50% off Criterions at DVD Empire

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by alan halvorson, Nov 15, 2004.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Some pretty fine prices on a select bunch of Criterions at DVD Empire. Better than Deep Discount DVD prices on the same titles even with their current 20% off sale. If you buy three (they don't all have to be Criterions), you can get free shipping (must be selected; it's not the default). Unfortunately, the sale seems to be limited to in-stock items, and some titles are out. My selections (Naked Lunch, Videodrome & Richard III) were all in stock.

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Shoulda checked here sooner. . .argh. Oh well, paid an extra $1 for 8.5. DDD can have the buck. [​IMG]

3. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Thanks, picked up 8 1/2, Charade and Vanishing, used coupon 639873 for $5 off $50, and selected the free shipping for buying three discs, $55.41 total, about 50% off list.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I need the anamorphic reissue for Charade but the one listed here doesnt indicate 16x9 or not. [​IMG]

5. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

Someone at DVDTalk posted the UPCs for the anamorphic and non-anamorphic versions of Charade. The UPC listed by DVDEmpire is for the anamorphic one. Also, someone said they had gotten the anamorphic version of Charade earlier this year from DVDEmpire.

6. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I got my copy yesterday and there is a sticker on the front of the case stating a new 16:9 anamorphic transfer for Charade.