What's new

Unusual Problem (1 Viewer)

Aaron Buckshot

Auditioning
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm new to the board and hope to get some help from time to time.

Last year I purchased a new Hitachi 43" rear projection TV along with a JVC XV-SA602 DVD player. I just recently noticed that my screen flickers when the screen goes to black. One example would be during the rolling of the credits at the beginning of a movie when it goes between credits for a second or two and the screen is pure black you can see light flickering on the screen. It's not noticable when there is an actual picture only during black screens. I thought maybe my TV was acting up so I checked several other video modes including video games with the same black screen moments. While watching the movie I paused it during the black screen to see if it froze with the pause but it kept on flickering so that tells me it's not the DVD disc. I did not get this with my video games or my digital cable when I performed the same experiment. I then realized maybe it was my DVD player that was acting up so I put the same movie into my XBox to do the same test and low and behold the flickering was non existent. I'm pretty sure it's my JVC dvd player but not positive. Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance for the help.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Do you have any black level settings available from your DVD player? Not that this is the answer, but it would be interesting to know if it has them and if switching the parameters has any bearing on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks