What's new

unusual component video link question (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm probably being *very* dumb, but here goes.

(1) I've just bought a Sony DVD-amp-speaker system that doesn't have a scart output. There are the opportunities to have output through s-video or component video.

(2)I only have a scart input on my (4 years-old) TV (a Philips Matchline widescreen that was the flagship model at the time I bought it).

(3) At the moment, I'm making do with a cheap and cheerful composite video lead. I can easily buy an s-video to scart lead.

I'd like to use the component video output, but am I right in assuming that a component video connection can't be done to an 'ordinary' TV? Certainly, I can't find any suitable component video to scart leads in the stores.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Scart is a euro fitting we dont use. Allen Jayne posted a comment I found in Search, but it's greek to me HERE

I suspect there is little chance to adapt 3-wire component to Scart inexpensively, and anyway that wud give only a 10-20-25 percent video picture quality improvement over S-Video.

So if you can go S-Video to Scart, you're good.

bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks