What's new

Netflix Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Madelyn Cline from Outer Banks on Netflix is joining the cast. I don't know her at all. It seems like she might be this movie's answer to Ana de Armas in the previous film, a rising actress among the big stars surrounding her.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Henwick is terrific. She was the standout in Marvel's Iron Fist, and by some reports is the lead in Matrix 4.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As if the cast wasn't stacked enough already, leaked set photos have revealed the casting of 2 more stars in the movie. Because this hasn't been officially reported by any of the industry trades, I'm going to leave the link under a spoiler bracket. Click if you want to know.

Of course, there isn't any information in regards to what their roles in the movie will be, so it isn't exactly a plot spoiler in the normal sense of the word. But just to err on the side of caution, I'll let you all click through until such time as a trade picks up this news or Rian Johnson confirms it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Of course, there isn't any information in regards to what their roles in the movie will be, so it isn't exactly a plot spoiler in the normal sense of the word. But just to err on the side of caution, I'll let you all click through until such time as a trade picks up this news or Rian Johnson confirms it.
Good call because Jada Pinkett-Smith isn't in this. The Daily Mail (presumably the source for the story in the link you provided) misidentified Janelle Monae as Smith. Since I haven't seen any correction to it, I'm guessing the other person is actually in it though.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Quick! Someone interview Daniel Craig RIGHT NOW and ask him about filming the next one! 🤪
:laugh:

This time there should be no drama as he's already contractually obligated to the next one. His $100 million payday is for 2 and 3 combined. ;)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I actually think it would be a pretty natural feeling to NOT want to be harassed about the next job right after completing a current one. If I was on my way out of work on my last day before a much needed vacation, I’d tell someone where to go if they were bugging me about what I should do when I get back.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Netflix released a sizzle reel featuring their 2022 movies which has a couple of quick shots from this at the very end. They identify it on screen as Knives Out 2. I understand that as a branding thing it would make sense to do that, but I really hope that's not the actual name. Obviously, Johnson can call it what he wants, but if it is a different story in a different setting with different characters, I think giving it its own name would help make it feel more distinct.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Netflix released a sizzle reel featuring their 2022 movies which has a couple of quick shots from this at the very end. They identify it on screen as Knives Out 2. I understand that as a branding thing it would make sense to do that, but I really hope that's not the actual name. Obviously, Johnson can call it what he wants, but if it is a different story in a different setting with different characters, I think giving it its own name would help make it feel more distinct.

I tend to agree that it would be strange to call a second movie Knives Out 2 if it involves a different story and group; although, I suppose it would make sense if knives out refers to the general situation that the participants find themselves involved in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks