What's new

Joker (2019 Movie) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Word is this is going to be filming in Jersey City, NJ, in the next week or two. It's set to film in Journal Square, which is the location of the beautiful Loews Theater. That was and is a movie palace. http://loewsjersey.org/
I grew up in Jersey City and Journal Square and the Loews Jersey were pretty much my home in the 70’s. It was and still is a beautiful theater that still shows classic films.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I grew up in Jersey City and Journal Square and the Loews Jersey were pretty much my home in the 70’s. It was and still is a beautiful theater that still shows classic films.
That's great.
At the moment here in my home town Hamburg, they shooting for the new Charlie's Angel movie.
It will be interesting to see what they used and if it's recognizable for me. It's like 1997 when Bond was in the city (for TND).

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
So, I have to ask this question.

Did you ever meet the infamous "Red" at the Tube Bar?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So, I have to ask this question.

Did you ever meet the infamous "Red" at the Tube Bar?
Too young at the time to get in. Those calls are hilarious. I knew plenty of guys like Red growing up in Jersey City. Worked with a few even.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Judging by the movie names on the marquee in this video, I'd guess The Joker takes place in 1981.

This is from filming in Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ. It was posted Nov. 16, 2018.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Judging by the movie names on the marquee in this video, I'd guess The Joker takes place in 1981.

This is from filming in Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ. It was posted Nov. 16, 2018.

That theater in the clip is the famed Loews Jersey which is still in operation today. I lived at that theater pretty much from 1973-1980. My first date was in that theater. Saw soo many great movies there.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
joker-movie-poster.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Didn't do a thing for me. I'm still wondering why this film got made.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think it looks interesting.

I feel like I’d prefer Joker’s background to remain mysterious but it looks like this has the potential to be a good story.

The idea of doing movies that are part of a shared universes and other movies that aren’t (especially using different versions of the same character) doesn’t feel right to me. But I’m ultimately open to a good movie if that’s what this turns out to be.

And when they do “The Batman” movies, which rumors say will be set earlier than the present day “Justice League” timeframe, will they be using this Joker, Leto’s Joker, or a third version? Or will they just not use Batman’s most iconic villain?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks