Untitled Cloverfield Sequel

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Untitled Cloverfield Sequel

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Action

Director: Babak Anvari

Plot: A direct sequel to the 2008 science-fiction thriller 'Cloverfield' that will no longer use the found-footage style of filmmaking.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I love Cloverfield and the advertising And marketing was a lot of fun.
Looked like they were headed to franchising it and following up on the mystery of where that monster came from but they never did and I was disappointed.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
SLUSHO website back online

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Bloody article doesn’t even include a link to the site?

Nit sure I know but other articles still included it..

Www.Slusho.com

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wouldn't this be the fourth Cloverfield movie, not the second? Or are they trying to pretend the other two Cloverfield pictures never happened?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Doesn’t seem to be any information at all about what this is yet.

The other two movies as far as I know only connected by the title of the movie not anything in the movie that made it look connected as far as I’m concerned

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Doesn’t seem to be any information at all about what this is yet.

The other two movies as far as I know only connected by the title of the movie not anything in the movie that made it look connected as far as I’m concerned

I thought, though can't say I confirmed this through comments of the filmmakers, that all the Cloverfield films are supposed to be connected in some "mystery box" way, that I guessed would come together through additional films. Though, I guess the "Cloverfield" name could just indicate a brand of sci-fi horror mix and nothing else.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I guess the 2 in the art in the first post could be old artwork that does not have anything to do with the pending sequel and is just a place holder. Seems the Cloverfield films do not use sequel numbers, just that the word Cloverfield is in the title.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There was a horror film based during WW1or 2 that was speculated to be a Cloverfiekd movie too but like the others there is nothing in the movies that connects them at this point.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I guess the 2 in the art in the first post could be old artwork that does not have anything to do with the pending sequel and is just a place holder. Seems the Cloverfield films do not use sequel numbers, just that the word Cloverfield is in the title.
I thought I heard this was actually a direct tie to the first movie. I heard it’s not a sequel but a telling of the story from an alternate point of view than the “found footage”.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
There was a horror film based during WW1or 2 that was speculated to be a Cloverfiekd movie too but like the others there is nothing in the movies that connects them at this point.

Is that a picture they have already made or is in the works? That sounds interesting.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks