What's new

Unstalled: Bob Clampett's BEANY & CECIL! (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Looks like Bob Clampett's animated BEANY & CECIL (as well as its puppet-show precusor, TIME FOR BEANY), is coming back to DVD after a ten-year hiatus (VOL. 1 was released by Image Entertainment in late 1999, and is long out-of-print), this time through Hen's Tooth Video on Sept 8th (according to DVD Price Search):

BEANY & CECIL: THE SPECIAL EDITION, VOL. 2

Is this the longest delay between two DVD volumes, ever? Anyway, this made my day!

wh5916

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Hicks
Hope I'm still around to get this one when it comes out. Volume 1 was a treasure trove, easily one of my favorite DVD compilations. I'll frequently pull it out just to hear the lengthy audio interviews that were conducted with Bob Clampett, from what appear to have been multiple sources.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
This will be a definite buy for me. I just wish they would get the rest of the Beany and Cecil cartoons out.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This is great news! I love the old Image disc. I honestly think they crammed every available bit of space on that DVD with some type of information! I just played some of it for friends a few weeks ago who were waxing nostalgic at "R-A-G-G-M-O-P-P Rag Mop!" and they were amazed at how cool this jam-packed OOP disc is. When is this supposed to come out? If there is a release date in the listing I guess I missed it.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

9/8/09 is the tentative release date. It isn't on that Hen's Tooth webpage I linked to, but DVD Price Search has that listed as the street date. DVD Empire, Buy.com and a couple of others already have it up for pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks