What's new

Unreleased Universal TV Titles (1 Viewer)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Reading about all the unreleased Fox material made me think about all the series Universal has in their vaults. Here's a list that I THINK are made by Universal productions off the top of my head (70's,80's, and barely the 90s) that can't be anywhere near complete. Also, some of these are in association with other production companies (Jack Webb, Glen Larson, etc) that may or may not have had a impact on why they aren't out.

Cliffhangers!
Hec Ramsey
Switch
City Of Angels
Sierra
Jigsaw
Sword Of Justice
Richie Brockleman, Private Eye
B.J.And The Bear
Misadventures Of Sheriff Lobo
The Duke
Get Christie Love!
Chase
Harper Valley P.T.A.
Operation Petticoat
The D.A.
O'Hara U.S. Treasury
Don Adam's Screen Test
Matt Lincoln
Cool Million
Lucas Tanner
Amy Prentiss
Outlaws
The Insiders
Delta House
Blacke's Magic
Otherworld
Fast Times
Legman
Hawaiian Heat
House Calls
Private Eye
Code Name: Foxfire
Code Of Vengence
Mann & Machine
Run For Your Life
McCoy
Lanigan's Rabbi
Tenafly
Faraday And Company
Toma
Turnabout
Sons And Daughters
Nobody's Perfect
Convoy

Released on Region 2 but not in the states
Mr. Terrific
The Sixth Sense
Madigan
Gemini Man
Mrs. Columbo
Darkroom
Whiz Kids
The Law And Harry McGraw
Holmes And YoYo

Stalled
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
There's some very good, and some just fun and popular series on your list, Scott...the Rockford Files completeist in me would love to have Richie Brockleman Private Eye, a very funny and entertaining spin off...Cliffhangers, O'Harra U.S. Treasury and Hec Ramsey would be welcome among many others...

I would be most excited to have the full single season run of Darren McGavin's phenomenal and groundbreaking private eye series The Outsider (1968-69)...the last missing TV series of Darren McGavin, who is otherwise well represented on DVD with Mike Hammer, Riverboat and Kolchak having been previously released...

A long time coming, I'm sure, for this is the same Universal for whom a partial release of Alfred Hitchcock Presents coughed up only the first six seasons at a glacial pace...and nothing at all of Alfred Hitchcock Hour...only available in R2...

Last edited:

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
When I saw this thread title, my first thought was Universal TV movies. Does any studio own more unreleased TV movies than Universal?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Project UFO" was not Universal. Webb did that for Worldvision so the rights should theoretically be with CBS/Paramount.

The ones I want would be the unstalling of "McCloud" and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", a R1 of "Law And Harry McGraw" and for unreleased titles "Operation Petticoat" and "Switch" (though the latter is missing tape masters because of the fire).

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
There's some very good, and some just fun and popular series on your list, Scott...the Rockford Files completeist in me would love to have Richie Brockleman Private Eye, a very funny and entertaining spin off...Cliffhangers, O'Harra U.S. Treasury and Hec Ramsey would be welcome among many others...

I would be most excited to have the full single season run of Darren McGavin's phenomenal and groundbreaking private eye series The Outsider (1968-69)...the last missing TV series of Darren McGavin, who is otherwise well represented on DVD with Mike Hammer, Riverboat and Kolchak having been previously released...

A long time coming, I'm sure, for this is the same Universal for whom a partial release of Alfred Hitchcock Presents coughed up only the first six seasons at a glacial pace...and nothing at all of Alfred Hitchcock Hour...only available in R2...

Oh...I've never seen The Outsider, and didn't know it was a Universal production. Love watching Darren McGavin, thanks for the info!

Totally forgot about Universal stalling Hitchcock, with the studios vast library I knew the list would be longer than what I could come up with.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
"Project UFO" was not Universal. Webb did that for Worldvision so the rights should theoretically be with CBS/Paramount.

Correct, it was one of the few shows that Webb did NOT produce with Universal.

A couple of years back in a email exchange I had with Jeffrey Nemerovski from CBS/Paramount about Project U.F.O. and some other titles, he mentioned that the studio gave up the rights to the series circa 2001. He said he had no idea who the current owner is.

I'd love to know who has the rights currently.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
The Name of the Game was also Universal. And all the other NBC Mystery Movie titles (McCoy, Lanigan's Rabbi, Tenafly, Faraday and Company).

Adding those would push the "no release anywhere in the world" list to over 40. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Additional titles have been added to the master list.

mattfire64

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I made a thread a few weeks back about The Burning Zone, which aired on UPN back in the mid 90s. According to Wikipedia the show was produced by Universal. Now would be a great time to release it to tie in with Jeffrey Dean Morgan being featured so prominently on The Walking Dead. Are you listening, VEI or Shout Factory?

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
With all of the unreleased Fox-owned material, I sometimes forget that Universal is another with so many great unreleased shows in its library that I'd be interested in. Most have already been listed, but I'd also include some shows I've never seen but would be willing to try:

- Emergency +4 (the animated version of Emergency!)
- Markham (with Ray Milland)
- Mobile One (from Jack Webb)
- Sarge (with George Kennedy)
- Sirota's Court (a sitcom flop set in a night court with Michael Constantine & Fred Willard, years before the successful 80s sitcom Night Court)
- Stone (with Dennis Weaver)

Also not listed, New York Undercover was a Dick Wolf series I really liked. But I'm sure all of the music would make it impossible to release.

Of the shows that have already been listed, my most wanted are Switch, Harper Valley, House Calls, Blacke's Magic, Chase, The D.A., and Mann & Machine. (And a Region 1 copy of The Sixth Sense with the Rod Serling Night Gallery syndication introductions as extras.)

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
I wouldn't say no to Family Holvak, Harris & Company, Rosetti & Ryan, Kingston: Confidential, McNaughton's Daughter, and the 1979 Little Women series.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
With all of the unreleased Fox-owned material, I sometimes forget that Universal is another with so many great unreleased shows in its library that I'd be interested in. Most have already been listed, but I'd also include some shows I've never seen but would be willing to try:

- Emergency +4 (the animated version of Emergency!)
- Markham (with Ray Milland)
- Mobile One (from Jack Webb)
- Sarge (with George Kennedy)
- Sirota's Court (a sitcom flop set in a night court with Michael Constantine & Fred Willard, years before the successful 80s sitcom Night Court)
- Stone (with Dennis Weaver)

Also not listed, New York Undercover was a Dick Wolf series I really liked. But I'm sure all of the music would make it impossible to release.

Of the shows that have already been listed, my most wanted are Switch, Harper Valley, House Calls, Blacke's Magic, Chase, The D.A., and Mann & Machine. (And a Region 1 copy of The Sixth Sense with the Rod Serling Night Gallery syndication introductions as extras.)

I would love to see Emergency plus 4 and Sierra come out. the animated version of Emergency ran three years on Saturday Morning on NBC. The last year was all reruns, but I loved the theme song. It was just so energetic.
Hope all of us get some of these forgotten Grails on DVD.

James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
A few more to add to your list:

The Road West
John Forsythe Show
Jean Arthur Show
90 Bristol Court (Karen, Harris Against the World, Tom, Dick and Mary)
Sara
Aloha Paradise
Baretta (last 3 seasons)
Bachelor Father
Dragnet 1950s
Biff Baker USA
Broadside
Buckskin
Calvin and the Colonel
New Bob Cummings Show
Channing
City Detective
What Really Happened to the Class of '65
The Contender
The Crusader
The DA's Man
Delvecchio
Doctors Hospital
Dream On (last 4 seasons)
Eddie Capra Mysteries
Nothing Is Easy
Fay
Family Holvak
Follow That Man
Griff
Good Time Harry
Harris & Company
He's The Mayor
The Investigators
It's A Man's World
Johnny Midnight
Kingston Confidential
Leo & Liz in Beverly Hills
Little Women
Man and the City
Mobile One
New Leave it to Beaver
Paris 7000
The Survivors
The Partners
Pistols 'n' Petticoats
Phyl & Mikhy
Pride of the Family
The Ray Milland Show
Rosetti and Ryan
Semi-Tough
Shannon
Shirley
Sierra
Special Agent 7
Sunshine
Suspense Theatre
Suspicion
Bob Hope Chrysler Theatre
Tammy
When the Whistle Blows
Whiz Kids
A Year in the Life

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
For a unreleased movie i would pick Uforia (1985) with Cindy Williams and Fred Ward. A very funny film that is only available on vhs which i have. Don't know why this has not been released on dvd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks