What's new

Unpluggable Speaker Wire Extension? (For Rear Speaker Stands) (1 Viewer)

LForteleoni

Auditioning
Real Name
LForteleoni
Hello,
I will try and make this as concise as possible.
Like many people with a 5.1 setup, I have a speaker wire running from my receiver to my rear speakers on either side of the sofa. The wire runs along the baseboard and (with the exception of behind the sofa) it is concealed by one of those Wiremold Cordmate kits. Occasionally, I like to roll up the area rug, move the coffee table and sectional sofa, and sweep and mop the whole area before putting everything back in place. The problem is, the rear speakers (and their stands) are tethered to the wall. This makes cleaning up a bit less easy. So my question is as follows:
Can anyone recommend a good quality speaker wire coupler that can be unplugged? This way, I can disconnect the stands and move them aside while I clean. I suppose this will also make my life easier the day I move out of this apartment. In any case, I have used these self-crimping banana connectors before and they work great. But do they make a female version that is not intended for speaker cabinet installation? They do not have to be banana plugs, Just something male/female, easily disconnectable, sturdy, and short circuit safe.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Look at Parts Express or Digi-Key for any 2 wire, matching plug sets. You can have a short wire connected to your speaker and the other one near the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks