What's new

Unofficial HTF Formula 1 fantasy league (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've gone ahead and started a group at ESPN's F1 fantasy 'league', so all you F1 fans go over and sign up! You can win prizes from ESPN, and we'll have our own bragging rights within the group.
It's easy to play, all you do is pick the top 6 finishers for each race. It's free, and you can decline any marketing info they may want to send you (heck, you can enter fake personal info, though this may affect your ability to get prizes).
Time is short! I think you have to sign up by 6pm PST this Friday (March 1).
There is an error for the first weekend, they give you until midnite Saturday to make the Australia picks, and the race will be over at that point. Hopefully they fix this; get your picks in early regardless (and update them after the race if they don't fix them...otherwise we'll be at a disadvantage to all the cheaters)...
The group is 'Home Theater F1', and the password is 'surround5.1'. You will have to search the group list after creating your account to find and join.
Link Removed

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I guess hell has frozen over...I never thought I'd join a fantasy league. But F1? Hell yeah...I'm MIA to my wife on race Sunday's anyway, so might as well try and get something out of it.
Slightly OT...kinda sad to see DHL replace B&H as main sponsor for Jordan. Not the same pizzazz, but given the rampant wave of tobacco legislation sweeping across Europe and the US, makes sense. Wonder if Marlboro will follow suit and leave Ferrari? Perhaps Bernie will look at placing 10 races in China and the Middle East. ;)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Slightly OT...kinda sad to see DHL replace B&H as main sponsor for Jordan. Not the same pizzazz, but given the rampant wave of tobacco legislation sweeping across Europe and the US, makes sense. Wonder if Marlboro will follow suit and leave Ferrari?
I don't see Marlboro leaving until they are eventually forced out of every major market for auto racing.

I will miss the 'Bitten Heroes' (and other improvised) livery on the Jordan car in England and France. I'll also miss Benetton. Times they are a changin', but with the addition of Toyota this year, and the growing rivalry within the McLaren drivers, F1 is really going to heat up!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Practice was nuts last night. Ferrari on top in last years car, and strong showings from Toyota and from Nick Heidfeld. Yow!
I can't wait for qualifying tonite. And plenty of time left to join the fantasy league...
Link Removed
Group: 'Home Theater F1'
Password: 'Surround 5.1'

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Nuts is THE word. Toyota came out of nowhere, especially considering Mika's earlier criticisms of the teams progress/lack thereof.

Despite the bad luck that befell Coulthard, it's gotta be a huge blow to see Raikkonen outpace him so far. Even worse for Maclaren, to see Heidfeld outpace both Maclaren's...double Yow!!! Nick's gotta be feeling good.

It's just bizarre to see the likes of Sauber and Toyota up there. Fantastically exciting and fresh, but bizarre. Let's hope this excitement spills over into qualifying and race day. Although it'll sink my picks, I'd be ecstatic to see this kind of competition. Terribly happy for Salo and Heidfeld.

P.S. Good to see more members join in the league...I signed up a couple of days ago.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Michael,

Can you confirm the following times?:

Qualifying: Friday, 8 p.m. - 9 p.m. CST

Race: Saturday, 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. CST

Side note...in a series where technology is king, it's amazing that an old car (last year's Ferrari) reigns supreme.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Peter:

Friday, Mar 1 @ 9:00pm ET - Qualifying - LIVE

Saturday, Mar 2 @ 9:00pm ET - Season preview (30 minutes)

Saturday, Mar 2 @ 9:30pm ET - Grand Prix - LIVE

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
How do you avoid ties in a F1 fantasy league? Everyone knows either Ferrari or Mclaren are gonna win it all with a slim chance for BWM to be 2nd. I mean its not like football or baseball where everyone has pretty much an equal chance of winning.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Australian Grand Prix '02:

1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari

2. 6 MONTOYA Williams BMW

3. 4 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes

4. 16 IRVINE Jaguar Cosworth

5. 23 WEBBER Minardi Asiatech

6. 24 SALO Toyota

My picks were shite, but one helluva race! Webber?!!! Australia must be pure frenzy.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My picks were totally pants! Hopefully everybody else's were too! I think I got 44 points.

Congrats to Webber and Minardi, and Toyota. You could say they got a break, but their teams, drivers, and cars had it together.

Great battle between Schumacher and Montoya. I wonder what factors other than tires were at play.

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Crap, I knew I should have made my picks last night. I got side tracked today at a home show and missed my opportunity. Damn!!!! Sorry guys.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Crap, I knew I should have made my picks last night. I got side tracked today at a home show and missed my opportunity. Damn!!!! Sorry guys.
Ken,

Given that there are 16 more races to go, and that today it isn't likely that anybody in our HTF group picked more than 3 or 4 drivers, you should probably go ahead and start picking next week. You've certainly got a lot more than a statistical chance.

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
What an amazingly weird race!!! My first thought after the first corner, was that there would be a black flag.

I picked

1st -- Michael Schumacher (1, Ferrari) -- actual 1st

2nd -- David Coulthard (4, McLaren) -- DNF

3rd -- Rubens Barrichello (2, Ferrari) -- DNF

4th -- Kimi Raikkonen (3, McLaren) -- actual 3rd

5th -- Ralf Schumacher (5, Williams) -- DNF

6th -- Juan Pablo Montoya (6, Williams) -- actual 2nd

So, I think I ended up with 50 points.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The race has been processed (which they should do on Sunday IMO). The points:
64 Schwab
50 Maynard
44 St. Clair
40 Hall
40 Kim
00 Situ
00 Wagner
A typical race will likely see good players scoring double what they did this race. This baby is wide open, and those without points should have no fear. Not too late to sign up, really.
Link Removed

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well he still got another 2nd out of it and is off to a great start.

ummm, McLaren....yikes.

just when my Jaguar hopes got up with Eddie's point finish...

Guess NASCAR is no longer the home of the slogan "Rubbin is racing"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks