Unofficial HARRY POTTER I Expanded Version Watch Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jo_C, May 9, 2004.

1. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

"Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone" should begin airing in a few minutes on the East Coast (7 PM). I hope those of you East Coasters who are reading this thread and watch the broadcast will make a notation of which scenes will be added to the film so those on the West Coast will be prepared.

Again, I hope Peeves gets restored tonight.

2. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Will this feature deleted scenes that aren't already on the DVD?

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I noticed they added the scene where Petunia is dying or whatever Dudley's old uniform.

4. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

UPDATE:
    The scene with Harry and Hagrid in the subway is being restored.

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Well, I've been watching for a while and haven't seen anything yet I'd call "new" footage.

6. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    Pretty pathetic extended version. I think just about everything was on the DVD. On some other site, I read that Columbus had recut 20 minutes back into the flick. Guess it didn't happen.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yup, that was pretty worthless. All I saw were a bunch of deleted scenes back in sequence, but there was nothing "new" that any viewer of the DVD hadn't seen before.

8. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

You are right, Malcolm. The version we all saw was the extended version plus the DVD deleted scenes restored to film context, so yes, there wasn't anything restored that we had not seen. Sadly, Peeves (Rik Mayall) remains on the cutting room floor. I hope there isn't a lawsuit.

I guess that is that, folks.

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The Smeltings scene, the eggs scene, and the Dumbledore card scene should all have been in the original cut. They worked much better in the film and made the scenes around them flow better.

10. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I thought that the scene where Snape berates Harry for not paying attention in the potions class played much better in the extended version.

I could never understand why Snape bitched him out for not paying attention...Harry was taking detailed notes of everything Snape was saying. That to me is paying attention.

It seemed to play much better with Harry getting a bit P.O'd over it, and telling Snape to go ahead and ask Hermione.

Then of course, Snape yells at the students for NOT taking notes when he explains all the answers that Harry failed to provide.

So what is it? So you want the kids to take notes, or not?

Al that said, the PQ was OK but nothing spectacular. And like most everyone else, I just can't stand all the freakin' commercials. If it was not for the interviews with the kids and the previous of the next chapter, I can't imagine anyone would have watched.

It just illustrates what I hate about "free" broadcast TV. HD or not, 10 minutes of film followed by 5 minutes of commercials for the duration of the film just does not work for me.

I would gladly have payed money to watch the same presentation w/o the commercials.

BGL

11. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

If anyone is still interested, this will be rebroadcast on Saturday, May 15, at 7:00 PM CST (6:00 EST).

12. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

According to the ABC website and my TV guide it will be broadcast Sat. May 15th at 8pm EDT (until 11). This means it will be 3 hours instead of 4. I wonder what will be cut.

13. michel_r

michel_r Auditioning

hi, sorry to re-open this old thread, but i need some helps if possible. i'm in researsh of a tape of the special extended tv presentation of the 2 first films of the harry potter series. which was presented with special documentaries (making of, special interwiews, and othe stuff that was not on the dvds), on ABC (U.S.) and CBC (Canada). so if somebody has taped it, i would be interested to got a copy of it please.

thank you for your comprehention