What's new

UNOFFICIAL 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!! (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Detroit will obviously try to pick up their game, but Vancouver will be relentless. I think this will be a battle of the goaltenders more than anything
Hasek has never won a Stanley Cup championship and I firmly believe that with the offensive firepower in front of him that he will have his first cup ring. He will have the best playoffs in his career. I do believe that Vancouver will certainly will be a tough opponent. I'm certain that the Wings are not going to take them for granted.

The Red Wings will take this series in six.

I'm also really looking forward to the L.A/Colorado series.

GO WINGS!!

EugeneR

Second Unit
I thought it was very nice of the NHL to start the playoffs on my birthday.:D I think Kings/Avs might be the best series of the first round, it was sure a barn burner last season. Can't wait 'til tomorrow!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
C'mooooooooooooooon Canucks!!!
I really belive the results of this first game will determine the rest of the series...
Canucks in 6! :)

Richard Huck

Agent
Go Avs,having Peter the Great back will be a big shot on the arm,he is so good,well back to the tube waiting for OT. Besides the Avs have to win or I will have to change my signature. PS beat Dustin out of a DVD again this year. Rich

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Yeah, baby...4-3 Canucks!!! :D
Looks like the Geritol set just didn't have anything in the tank at the end. :laugh:

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Yeah, baby...4-3 Canucks!!!
The Canucks need to win three more which they won't do. The Canucks were badly outplayed in OT. But I guess that doesn't matter in the end. Hasek let in a soft one in OT.

What do you think of the Blues/Blackhawk series coming up? Does this start in Chicago or in St. Louis?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well, 1 down, 3 to go, and I wouldn't be so sure the Canucks don't have it in them. There were opportunities at both ends in this game, and Vancouver fought back throughout the game and came out on top. Soft or not, if they are in the mesh, they count.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
What do you think of the Blues/Blackhawk series coming up?
The series opens in St. Louis, where the Hawks were 1-1-1. I'd give a slight edge to the Blues because of home ice, playoff experience and St. Louis played stronger down the stretch. The only certainty is that I'm going out of town tomorrow and will miss the first three Hawks playoff games in five years. Brutal. :frowning:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I watched the Wings/Canucks, and the Wings looked a little sloppy at the end of the 3rd, also in the beginning of the OT, but came on strong in the last 8-10 min before the goal was scored. I could see it coming. I think the Canucks definitely have a shot at this series. The goal wasn't "soft" it was a good goal, just happened to go off Larianov's shoulder, who also partially, unfortunately screened Hasek.

Sharks 2-1 after the 2nd over Phoenix right now...This one will be SJ in 5 or 6.

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Wings fans!!! Are you guys worried about Todd Bertuzzi yet? I would be if I were you. That guy is scary big and strong with the puck. Chelios and Lidstrom can barely handle the guy. That will have an effect come game five, six, or seven.

Also, the canucks winning goal was definitely not a 'soft' goal. It was a screen shot that went off of Larionov and completely changed direction. Hasek had little if any chance on that shot. It just happened to find the net after it hit Igor.

Bruins/Canadiens game one tonight!! I cannot wait. I am a little nervous about the stellar play of Jose Theodore, but I think the Bruins will pound them physically.

Is there anything better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Dave_P, Being a Michigan resident and working in the Detroit area, not a Wings fan though, I can see that all the Wings fans are now taking Vancouver seriously. Detroit fans have a tendency to think the cup should just be given to them this year because on paper they look unbeatable. Lots of Wings fans will be nervous tonight.
Now being a Montreal fan, I gotta say how 'bout them Habs? They looked pretty darn good last night. Solid goaltending, pretty solid defensive play. Audette's third goal was a real beauty. Boston was played a pretty physical game though. I don't know how many games the Habs can sustain that type of physical play though. This is going to be a great series. It's nice to see an old rivalry rekindled. :emoji_thumbsup:
Go Habs!!!

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Well, us Wings fans DONT think the cup should be handed over. We know that it takes hard work, a healthy team, and a little luck as well. That said, nobody in Detroit is worried about Vancouver. What we are worried about is the Wings not playing up to their potential. The last ten games of the regular season had zero emotion, and its a matter of getting that back, and playing with a sense of desperation.

Oh yeah, GO WINGS!! (Please God let them win tonight)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Can I just say that this Chicago transpant was pleasantly surprised last night and that we have now captured home ice advantage(and with our home record-- thats all goooood!. Game 2 should be a drag down affair and I can't wait!

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
Man, those little crafty Habs spanked my Bruins last night. They had the defense running around. The forwards weren't picking up the late man coming into the play. The forwards didn't cycle the puck enough down low in the offensive zone. The Bruins just played a poor game in the second and third period. I expect that they will change that come the next game. That is not the Bruins team I watched for most of the season.
However, they did come out crashing and banging. The emotion was the highest I have seen in Boston for hockey in many years. They need to keep that up for 60 minutes.
Anybody watch Avs/Kings game 1? They had 52 combined hits after the first period.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
That is going to be one hell of a series.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I watched some of the Col/LA game, and yes, that series will be brutal. I hope LA comes out on top.
Kudos to the Habs for their win over the Bruins, and as much as I hate "Tarana," I'm glad they won too.
Does anyone know how the second round matchups work? Who will Vancouver be matched up with after Detroit falls? :)

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Habs vs Bruins. That was one great game. Not only because the Habs won ;) but also because of the emotions/rivalry. Looks like it will be a great series.

Terry Hansen

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a 'nucks fan and I think Detroit may have under estimated them. In the first round last year the Avs swept the Canucks, but the games were very close.

The Canucks are pretty much the opposite of the Wings. Oldest team versus one of the youngest. Highest payroll vs. one of the lowest. Most combined playoff experience vs. least. Canucks are on a roll, Wings aren't.

I predict the Canucks over the Wings in 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks