What's new

Unknown disc on previously view-able bluray disc (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would like to know if anyone else here has had the same issue recently?

Tonight I decided to revisit The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy only to find it will not play and finally comes up as a unknown disc! I must have played this movie 7-8 times and I am sure I have played it since upgrading from a 1st gen Sony Blu-ray player to the Denon Blu-ray I have now. And now have just tried to play it in my pc drive and it will not play there ether.

Has anyone had laser rot issues with this title???? Or have the newer players had some issue with older Bluray titles recently???

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
My Twilight Time copy of Picnic became unplayable after a few months, even though is was in flawless condition. Fortunately, I sent it to them for inspection and they replaced it.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I don't have that title, but I noticed a while back that my Superman Returns Blu-ray won't play in my Panny player anymore. I get a strange error message - can't remember specifically what it is. I know I've watched it before on the player, and I'm 99% sure the last time I watched it was AFTER I updated the firmware some time ago.

I will be checking for additional firmware updates when I get around to it, and if that doesn't work, not sure what I'll do. I didn't think to try playing it in my computer's drive - I'll try and remember to do that tonight to see if the problem is the disc or the player.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
welcome to blu ray rot . Lets hope it doesnt happen to Our Criterion copies of The Third man :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks