University of Kentucky Split Screen Film Festival

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

The University of Kentucky is holding a Split Screen Film Festival featuring directors Kevin Smith and John Singleton (I don't know how they got that combination together). [​IMG]
    Click here for details.
    In short, John Singleton is on April 12, 2002 at 8:00pm at Memorial Coliseum and Kevin Smith is on at April 15, 2002 at 7:00pm Memorial Coliseum.

2. Dome Vongvises

That's cool Brandon.
    BTW, I encourage everyone within striking distance to come see the film festival. I'd actually like to meet some of you folks.

3. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

Boy, I would love to see both of those gentlemen speak. Unfortunately, I don't think I could free up the weekend to attend. Is there a playlisting somewhere? I couldn't find one on the website.

4. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

Well I didn't get a chance to see Kevin Smith speak last night, but I got to meet him today. He was gracious enough to invite the general public to a showing of Changing Lanes at a local theater. He bought us all tickets and joined us in watching the movie. What a great person and director this guy is. If any of you ever get the chance to meet him, please do so. Oh and Changing Lanes was pretty damn good too [​IMG].
    Brandon Smith

5. Dome Vongvises

Saw the speech. Pretty funny. I'll give more details when I have the time.