What's new

Universal's Franchise Collection: How about Psycho? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The current R1 transfer of Psycho could be greatly improved upon today. The existing transfer was created in early 1998, has a low bitrate and is quite noisy in places. Zooming the simply-letterboxed image just makes things worse.

A new, hi-def-originated, anamorphic, high bitrate transfer with careful digital restoration would yield a great image of a meticulously constructed film that demands for optimal quality.

I am reading Raymond Durgnat's, A Long Hard Look at 'Psycho', which is not only the best analysis of the film I have ever read, but one of the best analyses of a film that I know of. It's a bit tricky to get, as it is OOP, but if you love Psycho and want to see all its nuances illuminated, then you must read this book by who I consider the greatest poet/film-critic ever.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Which version? The original is from Republic Studios DVD, the 1978 remake is from MGM & the 1994 version is from WB (the only one that actually is enhanced BTW) so none are in the hands of Universal anyway.....that may or may not be a good thing depending on your POV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks