Universal's Casual Sex? Widescreen Edition?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry P, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Larry P

Larry P Stunt Coordinator

I ordered "Casual Sex?" starring Lea Thompson from CDUniverse, it was listed as being in widescreen but I received a fullscreen version.

It says it was released in 2000 but mine has a 1998 copywright on it. Wal Mart also has it listed as being widescreen. Amazon has it coming out in 2000 and it being fullscreen though.

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if a Widescreen version was released or not.

2. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    The database at Image Entertainment (http://www.image-entertainment.com) says the only DVD release of Casual Sex? was "Pan & Scan" (their term for "fullscreen"). And even that disc is discontinued. Sorry, but it looks like that's it for now.
    There's some hope for the future, though: Casual Sex? was one of several Universal films licensed by Image for a DVD release (along with The Breakfast Club, Midway, Cat People and others). Since that license was pulled, Universal has issued Midway and Cat People as SE discs under its own imprint. So maybe Casual Sex?:SE will be along at some point.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Yeppers...the only version of Casual Sex? on the market is not widescreen. Sorry. It is what's kept me from picking up that title myself.

4. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Casual Sex? needs to be re-released on DVD in its OAR (anamorphic Widescreen would be excellent)

5. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Isn't Casual Sex being released by Universal on January 7th 2003?

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer