What's new

Universal's b/w sci-fi? (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
At one time i thought there was mention Universal could be releasing a multi-disc set of old b/w sci-fi...similal to the horror sets that were released. Much of MGM's laser box-set stuff has been released as part of the Midnite Movie series...and i enjoy that stuff so much!
Universal had some laser box sets years ago that were great...they contained "classics" like the MONOLITH MONSTERS, THE LEECH WOMAN, MONSTER ON CAMPUS. Well, anyway...has anyone heard whether these might be released?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i would love to see a legacy/franchise/whatever collection of the 'atom age' monster movies- like Tarantula and the rest.
haven't heard anything yet though.

Universal is inscrutable.
they got a little more on the ball last year, bringing out the legacy collections and the film noir and ramping up the tv product, but they still have a mile deep catalog they've barely got their feet wet dipping into.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It would be NICE if Universal would get on the ball & release these atom age monster movies.:frowning: My tape copies are getting worn!!!!;)

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
For the life of me, I cannot imagine why Universal has released two collections of MA & PA KETTLE and one of FRANCIS THE TALKING MULE while THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS, THE DEADLY MANTIS, TARANTULA, et al sit in the vaults.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'd imagine they'd get around to these, and I cannot wait! Not only would I love the 50s sci-fi films, but I hope they get moving quickly with the rest of their 30s and 40s horror collections ("Legacy's").

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
They could package quite a few of these movies together in future legacy sets. They have a lot of Karloff titles that also need DVD treatment.

Jae_E

Agent
I'd like to see...

50's Sci-Fi collection with:
This Island Earth
Tarantula
Incredible Shrinking Man
Monolith Monsters
Deadly Mantis
Mole People

Hammer collection with:
Brides of Dracula
Curse of the Werewolf
Phantom of the Opera
Captain Clegg (aka Night Creatures)
Kiss of the Vampire (anamorphic this time)
Evil of Frankenstein

Karloff and/or Lugosi collection with:
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Island of Lost Souls
The Black Cat
The Raven
Invisible Ray
Black Friday
Tower of London

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
lest we forget, THE LAND UNKNOWN should also be included, with its fabulous Tyrannosaurs-on-stilts...

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Alot of that is on LD.

If they ever release them and are better prints, say "The Land Unknown" in anamorphic. Then I would upgrade.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
All titles listed so far are absolutly sexy in my opinion, and I would get them all.

I have a sneaky feeling that since the big monster guns have been shot, that we probably wont see many of these in the future. Universal isn't exactly known for their incredable leaps in releasing cult catalog titles.
:frowning:

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Who would complain about a KARLOFF/LUGOSI LEGACY with THE RAVEN, THE BLACK CAT, THE INVISIBLE RAY, and BLACK FRIDAY, and a MAD MONSTERS LEGACY with MAN MADE MONSTER, THE MAD GHOUL, HOUSE OF HORRORS, and '43 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA?

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I've been waiting for more 50's Sci-Fi (my wife and I call them 'bug movies'). I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks