What's new

UNIVERSAL: Ultimate Editions we really DO WANT! (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Ken, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
I really want Child's Play 3 to be released on DVD already and all the other horror movies you mentioned Ken.
If I get to see some of Ken's list released in the future on DVD, I would be a very happy Horror fan.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Day of the Jackal
Dazed and Confused
Ths Sting
(These titles had no extras)
Waterworld
Halloween 2
(With the extra footage from the TV release on both titles)
Jaws (With the full doc from the LD0

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, these films are all from my other Universal list minus They Live since it is finally getting SE treatment.
PRINCE OF DARKNESS (My favorite Carpenter film along with The Thing.)
VIDEODROME- A commentary with David Cronenberg and James Woods would be fantastic!
DUEL
THE FUNHOUSE
THE SENTINEL
THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW
HALLOWEEN 3 (I hope they give this great film better treatment than they gave part 2.)
THE FRIGHTENERS
PHANTASM 2 & 3
DEMON KNIGHT

Will K

Screenwriter
I'd go for a SE of Psycho II to complement my DVD for the original. For no other reason, it needs a remaster -BADLY! Considering it's a somewhat well-regarded sequel to a classic masterpiece, I'm sure Universal could put together a nice package...
*New high-def 16x9 widescreen transfer.
*Original soundtrack + new 5.1 mix
*Director and writer commentary
*Interviews with cast members
*A Tony Perkins retrospect documentary
*Trailers + TV spots
*Isolated score
*Deleted scenes and outtakes
*A new documentary/featurette on the public and critical reaction to a controversial sequel.
How about it, U?
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm with you on "Scarface" and I'll add:

-"The Breakfast Club"

-"16 Candles"

-"Streets Of Fire"

Sincerely,

John "I can dream about this" Kilduff

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Holy mother, talk about resurrecting from the dead!! :eek:
Anyhow, it's now December, and I have heard absolutely NO news about these movies. What a shame.

GregBarron

Agent
I would definitely be interested in having:
Backdraft Ultimate edition!!!
Happy Gilmore Ultimate edition!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Pufnstuf" would be enough of an Ultimate Edition if it just contained the movie- why is this only on VHS???

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Universal, please take notes and take them well...

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE MOVIE

- 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen*

- 1.33:1 full screen*

- DTS 5.1 (It was released with DTS, BTW.)

- DD 5.1

- DD 2.0 surround

- Original "This Island Earth" in its entirety in original 1.33.1 format

- Deleted scenes

- Alternate ending

- Trailer

- TV spots

- Making-of segments from MST3K Marathon on Comedy Central

- Promotional kit

- Photo gallery

* The movie was exhibited in 1.85:1, but This Island Earth was made for the 1.33:1 aspect ratio. The 1.66:1 ratio would have a compromise between the two since MST3K: TM is an open matte film anyways.

THE MARX BROS. FILMS COLLECTION

The Cocoanuts, Duck Soup, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business, Horse Feathers, A Day At The Races (WB), A Night in Casablanca (WB), and The Unknown Marx Bros. (Winstar).

All with brand-new restored transfers, trailers, any extras possible (I have no idea what is around for these films), restored 1.0 mono tracks (or 2.0) and commentaries (by who?)

If the above 2 products were released, I'd be very happy.

Here's one more I'll add:

Vertigo: Ultimate Edition (Better interface for supplements, plus a new high-def 16x9 1.85:1 widescreen transfer, DTS 5.1 track, the "what's left of the" mono track, and an isolated score track. Also include the rest of the original supplements from the first DVD

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see Ultimate Editions of Scarface, Sea of Love, and Kindergarten Cop. All three of these original releases are unexcusable for not having quality, OAR, anamorphic transfers.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Casper, with full bit rate DTS to compete with the killer LD soundtrack. Were you can hear each piece of gravel under the tire as the car drives up to the house.

One of my top ten movies for sound. Every room in the house has a different 'sound', therefore mood.

Agree with,

Babe [DTS w/second disc for extra features]

Fast times at Ridgemont High

Videodrone

Sixteen Candles

Breakfast Club

Twins

Jaws [two discs w/ full documentary]

Animal House [looking forward to it]

Conan the Destroyer

and

Marx Bros. [all]

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Ummm...how's aboot The Frighteners? Given that super-duper director's cut laserdisc box set from a few years back, this one would be a natural for such a treatment. Just deep-six those awful see-through cases!
Easy one to market:
Director of 'Lord of the Rings' etcetc :D

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
My most-wanted Universal titles are:

Missing

Taking Off (Milos Forman)

Charley Varrick

Someone earlier mentioned The Sting. I saw recently that Universal are planning a special edition for release next August.

Jason St Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Ultimate editions there should be, Disney's

"Midnight Madness", "Batman Forever" with an hour worth of "Deleted scenes" like the Two face's escape from arkham asylum for one! "Batman SE" In Superbit with DDS and DTS Tracks and have outtakes and Screen tests (Sean Young) Ultimate Stargate SE In Superbit with three versions: Theatrical, Special Edition and 3hour original cut (It out there! just accept it!)with more extras!

Aliens Ultimate: with more extras and the infamous "Burke cocooned scene" "Planet of the Apes Ultimate DVD" with the Nova pregnant deleted scene!

"Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Indiana jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail" Ultimate trilogy collection DVD with commentaries, deleted scenes, Isolated music tracks, trailers, documentaries, photo gallery, storyboards and conceptual designs.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I say Scarface and Hard Target DC! I read somewhere on Dark Horizons that Jay Z was helping out with the soundtrack for Scarface the Directors cut, is this a totally different film? Also, I think the edition of The Thing is good enough as is. Why rerelease on something is done very well at the start?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks