What's new

UNIVERSAL: Ultimate Editions we really DO WANT! (1 Viewer)

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Here's my list of UEs I'd purchase immediately. You have my 100% guarantee that the moment you release these, I will purchase them.
All UEs must contain the OAR/anamorphically enhanced version of the movie.
Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story
The Thing
Babe
The Shadow
Street Fighter
Timecop
Tremors
Twins
Backdraft
One caveat: The packaging must not be in those clear cases. They do not close properly and thus do not meet my needs for a case. My preference is either a "Gladiator" style case, or a case such as the one used for "Independence Day".

Will K

Screenwriter
Ummm...how's aboot The Frighteners? Given that super-duper director's cut laserdisc box set from a few years back, this one would be a natural for such a treatment. Just deep-six those awful see-through cases!

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I'll second the votes for The Thing and The Frighteners, and add a few choices of my own...
Village of the Damned - Include commentary with Carpenter, Mark Hamill, Kirstey Alley, Linda Kozlowski, and Christopher Reeve possibly. Deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Behind the scenes footage and making of featurettes as well.
The Serpent and the Rainbow - Include commentary with Wes Craven, (who does a lot of commentary tracks, so he'd be easy to get) actor Bill Pullman, and possibly the original book's author, Wade Davis . Deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Making of featurette and behind-the-scenes.
The People Under the Stairs - Include commentary with Wes Craven and actors Everett McGill, Wendy Robie, and Ving Rhames. Deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Behind the scenes footage and making of featurettes.
Prince of Darkness - Include commentary with John Carpenter and actors Victor Wong and Dennis Dun. Deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Making of featurette and behind-the-scenes footage.
They Live (i know a SE is already on the way, but it might as well be called an Ultimate Edition). - Commentary with Roddy Piper and John Carpenter (this is already going to happen, but it'd be really cool if they'd add Keith David to the commentary...he was in The Thing, also by Carpenter, and he narrated the first internet trailer of Ghosts of Mars.) A commentary with Carpenter and Keith David needs to happen at some point, on some disc! :) Include deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Making of featurette and behind-the-scenes footage. Maybe include a pair of replica sunglasses like the ones in the film as well. :)
Shocker - Include commentary with Wes Craven and Mitch Pileggi. Deleted scenes, uncut footage, etc. Making of featurette and behind the scenes footage.
These are all I can think of right now.
[Edited last by Wes Ray on August 24, 2001 at 06:25 PM]

BradC

Grip
In my eyes, the next title to receive the "ultimate" treatment should undoubtedly be Scarface. This classic movie is in dire need of a DVD upgrade especially in the A/V department.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I second everything Wes listed plus a few of my own:
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Conan the Destroyer
Halloween 2
Phantasm 2
The Thing
Jaws
Scarface
Animal House

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Frightners
Disc One (SS-RSDL):
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound
- Director's Cut
- Audio Commentary with Peter Jackson
- Theatrical Trailers
- Cast and Crew Biographies
- Production Notes
Disc Two (DS-SL):
- Original 4½ Hour Documentary
Halloween II
Disc One (SS-RSDL):
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
- Audio Commentary with Rick Rosenthal
Disc Two (SS-RSDL):
- The Television Cut (in Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Documentary on the Film
- Deleted Scenes (From the Television Cut and More)
- Outtakes
- Theatrical Trailers
- Television Spots
- Radio Spots
- Production Notes
National Lampoon's Animal House
Disc One (SS-RSDL):
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital Mono
Disc Two (SS-RSDL):
- Original Documentary
- Theatrical Trailers
- Production Notes
- Web Links
:)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
How about just releasing the LEGEND SE?
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Indeed, The Sting needs a major revisit. Probably one of the greatest movies ever made, the current representation does not do this movie justice!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Everyone forgot the Back to the Future trilogy?
A 6 Million Dollar/man Bionic-Fembot episode Ultimate Additions

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
A Field of Dreams Ultimate Edition would be nice, but I will settle for a anamorphic rerelease with the current feature set.
I'd suggest the BTTF trilogy also, but after 3+ years of waiting, I'm getting tired of asking for those films.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
What Matthew said
wink.gif

The Frighteners LD box is sweet!! Would love to have that in its entirety do not cut it like you did with JAWS!! The best thing would be to ADD things not TAKE THINGS AWAY. [rant]Damn software engineers, why does the upgrade have to take away the function that was so useful in the old version[/rant] Sorry
blush.gif

Another ditto for Scarface. I never picked up the old version because of the poor reviews.
------------------
Dear WB : Release Wonka in Widescreen!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Flash Gordon!
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Phantasm II

Phantasm III: Lord Of The Dead

Shocker

The Serpent & The Rainbow

E.T.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

The Frighteners

Halloween II

John Carpenter's The Thing

Jaws

Jaws 2

Prince Of Darkness

Child's Play 2

Child's Play 3

Bride Of Chucky

Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight

Finally, Ultimate Edition Boxed Sets of the Jurassic Park Trilogy (please try to get some Commentaries this time!), the Back To The Future Trilogy, the Tremors Trilogy, and a UE DVD of The People Under The Stairs (and Wes Ray, you forgot that Brandon Adams should also be on the Commentary!)...

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Kindergarten Cop(original release was full frame only)
Twins(Same as above)
Death Becomes Her(Same as above)
Darkman(Extra features and a 5.1 mix on this would be great)
Hard Target- Director's Cut

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks