Universal UK web address or Email?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reader, Oct 24, 2002.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Does anyone know the web address for Universal Pictures UK? Or their E-Mail Address?
    I am aware of the Universal Playback site (which rather unhelpfully states no E-mails will be replied too) and cannot find a 'standard' Universal UK site.
    I have mailed Universal in the USA and they simply passed on the postal mail address. [​IMG]
    I have written to them in the past via snail mail and (surprise) never got any replies.
    How can one complain to them? Do I have to physically visit their offices and arrange a sit-in or similar just to get my message across?

2. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

You could try phoning. From the BT directory site

Name: Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd
    Tel: (020) 8910 5000
    Address: 1 Sussex Place
    Hammersmith W
    W6 9XS

however not sure if you would get through to anyone helpful !

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Best write to them. In most cases a letter makes for a more profound statement than an e-mail. You may want to ring the above number Malcolm mentions and ask them over the phone if there is a specific home video division to write to.

I'll see what else I can dig up. If I ask the right people you may be able to eventually take complaints direct to Amblin (it's not their fault, but to explain your case to them and have them tackle Universal on their piss-poor handling of the situation could make for a good plan). I'll see what I can do.

Dan

4. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Had a look and I can't seem to find the Amblin web site or email address either.

It's really not my day is it?

So does anybody know the Amblin web site address?

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

You won't find an Amblin contact publicaly. That's my point, I need to ask a few people I know and see what I can do. Try ringing the above Universal number though, thats going to be the best option, see what they can do for you in regard to this issue, or at least see if they can direct you to the right divison.

Dan